Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Sermons List - Please Help!

More
11 Jul 2013 11:17 #3667 by Rex Akpojaro
Hi,

I am issues with the the display of the sermons in our new website.

In the old website it is displaying simple headings like: Title, Speaker, Length, Series
Old Website: chapelofpraise.org/index.php?option=com_...ew=sermons&Itemid=79

In the new website it is showing me some elongated heading

New website: higherlife.tv/index.php/medias/audio

Please how can i get the sermons displayed exactly how it was in our old web site with sermons playing as they were in the old website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2013 11:30 #3668 by Thomas Hunziker
You mean this thing: "COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_DATE_LABEL"?
This is called a "language string" and should be translated to "Date" in this case. Since that doesn't work, it means that something is wrong with your language file.

There are some things to check:
  • Make sure you're using the latest version of SermonSpeaker for your Joomla. For Joomla 2.5.11 that is SermonSpeaker 4.5.4
  • Check if you have a SermonSpeaker language pack installed. If you have, uninstall it.
  • Check if you have a com_sermonspeaker.ini file in your /languages/en-GB directory. If there is one, delete it.

More
12 Jul 2013 16:10 #3669 by Rex Akpojaro
Thanks for the reply, the sermonSpeaker language pack that i need to uninstall, would that have been installed as a module?

More
12 Jul 2013 16:27 #3670 by Thomas Hunziker
You would see it in the Joomla Extension Manager. Either of type "Language" or "File".

More
12 Jul 2013 17:16 #3671 by Rex Akpojaro
Hi,

I have seen two Language types, one with a location of Administrator and the other Site. They are both Authored by Joomla Project no mention SpeakerSermon. Are these the ones you are talking about?

Also the Player seems to only work as a popup?

Many Thanks!

More
12 Jul 2013 17:25 #3672 by Thomas Hunziker
No, These language packs are those from Joomla. The ones for SermonSpeaker would have the name SermonSpeaker in it :-)

I saw that you're using an outdated version of SermonSpeaker. Try first updating to the latest release (4.5.4). Maybe that fixes a lot of issues you have.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds