Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

JW Player

More
06 Jun 2013 15:10 #3555 by Fred Pitts
Replied by Fred Pitts on topic JW Player
I use my ftp. I have been in the habit of doing that for years using Joomla 1.5 and the older sermonspeaker and have never tried it using the uploader in the 4.5. I guess I would have to change some max upload to do that? Would it upload it pretty rapidly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2013 15:20 #3556 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic JW Player
The Flash uploader uploads quite fast. But of course you need to adjust the PHP settings if they are to low. Mainly 'post_max_size', 'upload_max_filesize' and maybe 'memory_limit' comes to mind.
It would take care of naming the file correctly and storing it at the right place. But test it and see what works best for you.

More
12 Jun 2013 15:14 #3566 by Fred Pitts
Hi Thomas, I tried with this week's sermon using the uploader. My php.ini had

upload_max_filesize = 20M
post_max_size = 20M

and it seemed to be uploading but at the end, "An error occurred." (The file is about 9M.)

After doing a search, i upped the post_max_size to 24M, as someone said it needed to be larger than the other. Same result.

I added this line:
memory_limit = 99M

Each time, progress bar shows progress but at the end, "An error occurred." Any thoughts?

More
12 Jun 2013 15:59 - 12 Jun 2013 15:59 #3567 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic JW Player
Can you check the server (apache) error log? Usually something is logged there.
If the upload takes a while, it could also be related to the script timing out. Then it would be settings like max_execution_time or max_input_time.

Also check if smaller files work. Like a simple txt file. Then you know if uploads work in general.
Last edit: 12 Jun 2013 15:59 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
18 Jun 2013 21:55 #3587 by Fred Pitts
Hi Thomas, I tried to upload a text file in the "other file" section, and it worked fine. The sermon looks like it is uploading, and very quickly, if the status bar is correct. It only takes a few seconds and the progress bar fills up but then returns an error message. I tried to find the error log you speak of, looking for it on my cPanel, but I guess I am not really sure where to look. (I am a pastor, and so I know just enough about websites to get a basic site up and going...) Where might I look?

More
18 Jun 2013 22:18 #3588 by Fred Pitts
Hi Thomas, disregard the previous post! Checked on the php path and found that the php.ini that joomla is using is not the one in the root directory but in the administrator directory. Once I copied the max file, etc., setting to that php.ini, it worked. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds