Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

JW Player

More
05 Jun 2013 21:33 #3549 by Fred Pitts
JW Player was created by Fred Pitts
My popup player (JW, I assume) has been playing fine since I upgraded, but this week when I tried to use it to find out the time of my message, I got the error message under the title of the message: "Player needs JavaScript turned on." This happens in both Firefox and Safari. However, the when I click on previous weeks' messages, the popup player works just fine. Also, the file works with the player than is build into the Sermon Details web page; it is just the popup player that is not working. Any ideas of why it is not working with this particular sermon? How do I turn on the JavaScript? Thanks for any help...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2013 23:03 #3550 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic JW Player
The message is shown when something went wrong with loading the Flash player. Often disabled Javascript is the issue that's why the message is there.
However it may well also be an error in the Javascript code or something else. Can you provide an URL of your site so I may have a look?

More
05 Jun 2013 23:59 #3551 by Fred Pitts
Replied by Fred Pitts on topic JW Player
Sure! The site is chbcblogs.org/joomla2013/ . Look down on the right hand side at Latest Sermons. The first one, "What's the Plan?" is the one that does not work. All of the rest of them seem to work. Remember, this is the POPUP PLAYER that has the issue. Thanks so much for looking at it.

More
06 Jun 2013 07:52 #3552 by Thomas Hunziker
Try to not use a apostrophes ("'") in your filename. Since the filename is used as part of an URL, these character is not allowed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred Pitts

More
06 Jun 2013 13:56 #3553 by Fred Pitts
Replied by Fred Pitts on topic JW Player
Good catch; I should have thought of that myself. I appreciate it so much!

More
06 Jun 2013 14:43 #3554 by Thomas Hunziker
Just a quick question: Did you upload the sermon using the built-in uploader or did you upload it using FTP? Because Joomla should sanitize the filename prior to saving.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds