Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Blank Page Displayed

More
03 Apr 2013 09:56 #3340 by Craig Wikoff
Hi, I built a site for a friend and when I finished Sermon Speaker was working fine. He emailed a couple weeks ago and said he can't get any sermons to display. I think he may have updated his Joomla with the automatic updater. So, I updated to the latest version of Sermon Speaker, but I still get the same problem. He is now using Joomla 2.5.9. When I assign a menu to sermon list and then navigate to that menu nothing shows up on the page, and by that I mean nothing at all. So, I uninstalled Sermon Speaker from the Extensions Manager and tried to re-install. (I didn't delete anything from the database) When I re-installed, I got the exact same problem. So then I uninstalled and installed version 4.0 of Sermon Speaker. This time the page showed up fine. The sermons showed up fine, but the player would not work. I got an error that says "flashplayer needs javascript enabled." I figured that was probably a problem with the version of Joomla and Sermon Speaker not matching. I have searched the forums and don't see any other similar problems. He doesn't have any sermons loaded yet, so I am not concerned about wiping it out and starting over.(Not the website, just Sermon Speaker)

I am using a Rockettheme template
PHP version 5.2.17

Thanks for your help

Craig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2013 11:03 #3341 by Thomas Hunziker
In case you're wondering, there is a chart on the download section ( www.sermonspeaker.net/download.html ) where it shows which version is recommended and supported for which version of Joomla.
For Joomla 2.5.9 that would be SermonSpeaker 4.5.3 (latest one).

If you installed 4.0, tried to update it to the latest version using the Joomla updater. It may well be a bug which was fixed in between.

The error message you see is saying that something went wrong with loading the player. This could either be that Flash isn't installed on your browser or Javascript isn't enabled (or some Javascript error on the site).

For more troubleshooting I would need a link to your site ;-)

More
03 Apr 2013 11:25 #3342 by Craig Wikoff
Replied by Craig Wikoff on topic Blank Page Displayed
Yes, I started with 4.5.3, but when that was displaying a blank page I tried uninstalling and installed 4.0. So I guess I wasn't upgrading, but downgrading. When I got the javascript error in the popup player I was using 4.0. So, I uninstalled 4.0 and went back to 4.5.3. So, it isn't really the Javascript error that I am concerned about. It is the blank page when I click the menu "Sermons." This menu was set up to show the sermons list display, but I have tried it with several different types of Sermon Speaker menu displays and most of them don't show up. Right now I have that menu item disabled, but I could enable it for you if that will help, or if you need admin access I can email that to you.

More
03 Apr 2013 11:26 #3343 by Craig Wikoff
Sorry, the link to the site is www.pomeroynazarenechurch.org

More
03 Apr 2013 16:02 #3345 by Thomas Hunziker
Speakers and series lists are working. So it's related to sermons somehow.
A blank page usually means a fatal error has occured and the script stopped processing for some reason. You can try enabling error logging in the Joomla backend and see if you get some messages stating an error. You can also check the server (apache) error log, there should be some entries as well. Maybe you need to contact your hoster for this.

More
04 Apr 2013 07:09 #3347 by Craig Wikoff
Okay it is definitely the template. I have tried a couple other templates and they work just fine. So, I have a couple of options. I can totally change templates, which would take a few hours of work, or I can downgrade to the Sermon Speaker that was working. How big a deal would it be to go with 4.O on Joomla 2.5.9? I still had the "flashplayer needs javascript enabled" error even on the new template, so I will have to figure that out.

I followed your suggestion and went looking for errors. I didn't find any that related to Sermon Speaker, so I am not sure why this particular template would not work with it. I will email Rocketheme as well as see if they have any thoughts.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds