Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Change color of text using css

More
09 Feb 2013 13:13 #3027 by Richard
Here is the link:
www.creatingfutures.org/resources/media-...ies/sermons?catid=13

There is another issue. Viewing the site in Firefox 18.0.2 the player does ot show up at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2013 13:19 #3028 by Richard
Just found two another issues:
1. When at www.creatingfutures.org/resources/media-...on/1-fan-or-follower
the player does not show up in Firefox.

2. When I am at the above link, there appears to be a conflict with the sermonspeaker module and sigplus module. The sigplus module that is used to show the SODC Pictures does not show an image when I am at www.creatingfutures.org/resources/media-...ies/sermons?catid=13 but it does show an image when on any other page.

More
09 Feb 2013 20:08 #3029 by Thomas Hunziker

Richard wrote: Here is the link:
www.creatingfutures.org/resources/media-...ies/sermons?catid=13

There is another issue. Viewing the site in Firefox 18.0.2 the player does ot show up at all.

The link shows fine for me in FF 18.0.2 for me. Maybe you don't have the Flash plugin installed in Firefox?

The color issue comes from the background color the player applies to the currently played sermon.
Below is a screenshot of your page within Internet Explorer 10 with activated development tools (F12). I tried to add arrows to see how I get to the information.

As you can see the class "ss-current" is applied to the row and it has CSS rules for a 4px width border and a background color. The ruleset is located in the player.css file. If you click on the filename you get the whole file shown and the exact path (it's in /media/com_sermonspeaker/css/player.css).

Now you can edit the rule directly in this file, and do it again after each SermonSpeaker update. Or you edit the CSS file in the template and add your own CSS rule for it. The thing with CSS is that the last defined rules are applied, and if the template is built correctly, the template CSS is loaded last. So if you add a rule there, it will override the one from SermonSpeaker. Or you just add an !important after your new rule.

More
09 Feb 2013 20:18 #3030 by Thomas Hunziker

Richard wrote: Just found two another issues:
1. When at www.creatingfutures.org/resources/media-...on/1-fan-or-follower
the player does not show up in Firefox.

2. When I am at the above link, there appears to be a conflict with the sermonspeaker module and sigplus module. The sigplus module that is used to show the SODC Pictures does not show an image when I am at www.creatingfutures.org/resources/media-...ies/sermons?catid=13 but it does show an image when on any other page.

1. Again works for me. Check your Flash plugin in Firefox :)
  2. This sounds a lot like some JQuery conflict. Looking at the code it looks like your sigplus module does some funny stuff with JQuery. Since you're using Joomla 3.0, JQuery is already loaded in no-conflict mode and the module should just use this instead of doing own funny stuff. Basically the sigplus module is not Joomla 3.0 ready as it is.

More
12 Feb 2013 06:59 #3056 by Richard
The css recommendation works great. I changed the background.

However I still cannot get the player to display in Firefox. I confirmed that I have the latest version of Flash Player for Firefox.

More
12 Feb 2013 07:47 #3057 by Thomas Hunziker

Richard wrote: However I still cannot get the player to display in Firefox. I confirmed that I have the latest version of Flash Player for Firefox.

Since it's working for me, it has to be related to your computer. And since it's working on your computer with other browsers, it has to be related to your Firefox on your computer :-)

Make sure you have Javascript enabled and the Flash Plugin installed and activated. That's all that is needed for it to work.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds