Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Problems with series zip files

More
24 Jan 2013 06:12 #2936 by Nicholas Markham
Hi, is there a way to stop the component generating zip files and depositing them in the 'series' folder in the sermons directory?

The component seems to generate these files without being asked to and has produced a very large number of incomplete/damaged zip files.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2013 08:24 #2938 by Thomas Hunziker
Hi Nicholas

The series download function got improved a lot with SermonSpeaker 4.4.7. Previously when a user left the page during the wait, the script was terminated as well and left incomplete zipfiles.
With the new way this should not happen anymore. However the script may still terminate if it's running to long or uses to much memory due to server settings.

The files are only generated on request, that means someone (may as well be GoogleBot) clicked a series download button.

You can disable the zipfile generation in the SermonSpeaker options, "global" tab. You can also limit it based on the amount of sermons in the series. Or you can enable/disable it for a specific series in the series options.

More
24 Jan 2013 09:13 #2939 by Nicholas Markham
That's really helpful, thanks. Good to know they only generate on request. For now I've switched off the option to download series across the board. I'm currently using 4.4.9, so I guess the original issue is with the server memory settings.

Great component, keep up the good work!

More
07 Aug 2013 08:59 #3748 by Riaan Eloff
Hi Thomas, thanks for a great plugin!

One thing, though...when I go into Sermon Speaker in the Joomla back-end, and click on the optrions button, I only have the following listed under "GLOBAL":
Date format
Tags for plugin
Write ID after save
Default Addfile desc
Default order
Default order dir
Play icon function
Title link function
filter field
display select
pagination
pagination results

None of these seem to relate in any way to stopping the zipfile generation, and upon looking through some of the other tabs, I cannot find it either? Could you assist?

Cheers

More
07 Aug 2013 09:51 #3749 by Thomas Hunziker
Which version of SermonSpeaker are you using?

More
13 Aug 2013 14:35 #3767 by Riaan Eloff
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

Version 4.4

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds