Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Problem with "Scripture Links Content Plugin "

More
15 Jan 2013 17:30 #2894 by Ben Russell
Hey guys, I recently came across a really cool plugin for our church website, Scripture Links Content Plugin. This plugin take any scripture reference on our website and links it to BibleGateway.org to read and listen too. So we really like it.

BUT, now the RSS Feed from Sermon Speaker doesn't work...and that's more important. Any idea why the problem?

(The plugin is at www.mlwebtechnologies.com/downloads/cate...cripturelinks-plugin )

Thank you so much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2013 18:01 #2895 by Thomas Hunziker
That's a well known problem with this problem. However I thought they fixed it in the meantime.

I'll have a look :-)

More
15 Jan 2013 18:20 #2897 by Ben Russell
Thanks Thomas!

More
15 Jan 2013 18:20 #2898 by Thomas Hunziker
Hmm, it only breaks the feed in my testing system if I have the error reporting set to show warnings. You can try to disable error reporting (which should be disabled anyway on a productive system).

If the error still exists can you give me an URL or check the sourcecode of the feed yourself? Most likely there is output from the plugin before the initial <?xml .... ?> tag.

More
15 Jan 2013 18:56 #2899 by Ben Russell
Hmmm... Error Reporting in the Global Config was set to System Default. I set it to none and it didn't make a difference.

Here's my feed:
fwcbranson.com/index.php/sermons/listen/feed

More
15 Jan 2013 19:35 #2900 by Thomas Hunziker
Hmm, it even generates an internal server error. This means you should have an error logged in your server (apache) error logfile.
Unfortunately I can't reproduce this on my testing site. However it throws me all sort of warnings and strict errors and eats my scriptures on the sermons list, so I don't trust this plugin at all.

Personally I use the BibleLink XT plugin.
I know that Andrei has a similar plugin on his ZefaniaBible project. But I think this works together with ZefaniaBible and doesn't use external sites like ScriptureLink and Biblelink XT.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds