Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

An error occurred!

More
23 Oct 2012 03:50 #2680 by Elijah Werner
Good evening! Some time ago, our webmaster moved away and I was asked to take his place. As I have comparatively little computer experience and no website experience, this has been quite the uphill battle.

I have gotten to the point where I think I am on the verge of actually uploading a sermon. I have it saved as a single mp3 file, total size is 9.15MB. I found the sermons manager and used the upload feature under Audiofile to try and upload the sermon. After I select the sermon, I click Open and a box opens up that says Uploading, and a blue progress bar begins to move. When the progress bar hits the end of its run, a message pops up in the box that just says, An error has occurred! It doesn't seem to give me any indication as to what the problem may be. Are there any suggestions as to where I can start?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2012 07:57 #2681 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic An error occurred!
This sounds like some server settings which terminate the script. There are mainly 4 settings which are of interested. You can check your settings in your Joomla backend under Site -> System Information -> PHP Information. Look for the following settings:
  • upload_max_filesize
  • post_max_size
  • max_execution_time
  • memory_limit
The first two settings should be at least as big as the file you try to upload (plus some overhead). So in your case it should be at least 12M.
The third settings is how long the script is allowed to run. If the uploading is slow, this could be an issue as well. Usually the setting is set to 30 seconds.
The fourth settings is the overall memory usage of the script.

Usually you can't change this settings yourself (except if it's your own server hardware) so you need to contact your hoster for this. He also could look into the server error log to see what exactly is the issue.

More
02 Nov 2012 02:58 #2700 by Elijah Werner
Replied by Elijah Werner on topic An error occurred!
Thank you very much! This identified my problem- my files are generally larger than my post max size. I rummaged around until I found one below the limit and it uploaded fine.

Thanks!

More
14 Dec 2012 13:27 #2810 by Owen
Replied by Owen on topic An error occurred!
I'm experiencing exactly the same problem as this.

I have changed the setting in my php.ini file to be far more than needed, but I still get the message when uploading anything over 10MB

you can view the phpinfo at www.dontforgetdesign.com/verwood/phpinfo.php5

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Owen

More
14 Dec 2012 13:38 #2811 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic An error occurred!
What is the error message you get? Check the server error log to see the source.

More
14 Dec 2012 14:41 #2812 by Owen
Replied by Owen on topic An error occurred!
The error message simply says "An error occurred".

I can upload talks successfully via ftp but this is too complex for the main end user.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds