Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Sermon Speaker and Google Drive

More
21 Oct 2012 23:07 #2679 by Thomas Hunziker
I got it working for videos and for the additional file. It doesn't work for audio files as far as I see it.

So a Google Picker will be included in the next release of SermonSpeaker which lets you chose videos and additional files from Google Drive and Youtube.

If anyone can tell me how to use an mp3 file hosted on Google Drive together with a flash player, I will be happy to include that as well. For now I will leave that option out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michel Malcin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2012 11:06 #2784 by Michel Malcin
Hello!

I would also love to pick audiofils from the googledrive. Will there be a solution?

By now we store our sermons on dropbox. how can i use thise files in sermonspeaker!

And by the way. I am amazed of this programm. Thank YOU!

More
04 Dec 2012 12:23 #2785 by Thomas Hunziker

Michel Malcin wrote: I would also love to pick audiofils from the googledrive. Will there be a solution?

I didn't get it to work. If anyone knows how to do it, I can include it.

Michel Malcin wrote: By now we store our sermons on dropbox. how can i use thise files in sermonspeaker!

I didn't test this myself yet but I think if the files are available to the public, it should be possible to use them by entering the URL into the appropriate field. Did you try it already?

More
05 Dec 2012 19:25 #2786 by Thomas Hunziker
I just played around with the Dropbox API. They have a file picker similar to the Google one, but the links returned by it are not useable by SermonSpeaker. It either returns a link to the preview page, or a temporary (4 hours) valid link to the file itself. So that's not gonna work.

However if you put the files into your public folder in Dropbox, you can then rightclick the file and choose to copy the public link. This link can then be entered into SermonSpeaker and everything will work.

More
02 Jul 2013 04:53 #3633 by Larry Reeder
Thomas,
Any update on the Google Drive solution?

Our website is hosted externally and we haven't signed up for very much disk space. Since we are a Google Apps for Education institution (church and school), we would like to utilize space on the Google Drive. I saw this post and was hoping that there was some progress.

Thanks!
Larry

More
02 Jul 2013 08:31 #3635 by Thomas Hunziker
No update. I don't think it's possible. But you can try and see if you find a way. I you find one, please share it with me and I can implement it :-)

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds