Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Sermon Speaker and Google Drive

More
18 Oct 2012 18:37 #2662 by Austin
I am currently using Sermon Speaker 446 and trying to link to my external server on Google drive.

I have added the file php file list to my drive and have still not been able to get it to recognize any of my .mp3 files. Has anyone ever used an external drive that would be able to help me with this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2012 19:11 #2663 by Thomas Hunziker
I don't think you're allowed to run php scripts on any cloud drive. This would be a huge security issue. So the file list script will not work in this case.

One would have to use the API Google provides (if it exists) to read the content of the drive.
Anyone interested in creating the code? B)

More
19 Oct 2012 16:19 #2666 by Thomas Hunziker
I had a look at it today and found that Google indeed offers a nice API. Even more: they offer a complete library which makes it ridiculous easy to build a file picker.
I'll probably include it into SermonSpeaker as it looks quite easy on the first glance.

For my own reference: developers.google.com/picker/

More
19 Oct 2012 23:07 #2667 by Austin
That sounds great. Any clue on the time frame?

Thank you for your quick responses have always loved your app.

More
20 Oct 2012 09:41 #2668 by Thomas Hunziker
It's hard for me to do any timeframes. It depends a lot on my workload in my job :)

More
20 Oct 2012 15:57 #2669 by Thomas Hunziker
Do you know if it's even possible to use SermonSpeaker together with files on Google Drive? I tried to enter the URL for an mp3 I have uploaded to Google Drive, but it doesn't play for me.
Maybe it works with videos? Or maybe I do something wrong.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds