Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

how to use SS search or SS Finder plugin

More
01 Oct 2012 19:44 #2605 by Mark Landry
Hi,
I need to allow users to search by category, date, speaker, etc. It looks like either the search or finder plugins will facilitate this, but I have no idea how to use them other than installing them and publishing them. I assumed then next step is to create a Joomla search module which I did, but all I get is an input box, and, the search functionality doesn't find anything.

What am I missing?

Thanx

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2012 19:54 - 01 Oct 2012 19:55 #2606 by Andrei Chernyshev
if you activate search plugin then search module and search component should take care of the rest. can you send site's URL i'll take a quick real quick.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2012 19:55 by Andrei Chernyshev.

More
01 Oct 2012 21:13 #2607 by Mark Landry
Here you go - thanks for looking into it.
Also - different issue, I have the archive module up and running, but when I select a month, my main menu item that pulls up all sermons will only pull up sermons according to what was recently selected on the archive module - does that make sense?

More
03 Oct 2012 13:06 #2610 by Andrei Chernyshev
Hi Mark on your site i don't see search module. and also from looking at the search component you don't have sermon speaker seach plugin enabled. i only see the following. Categories, Contacts, Articles, Newsfeeds, Weblinks once you enable it you will have couple more settings show up.

More
03 Oct 2012 13:11 #2611 by Andrei Chernyshev

More
07 Oct 2012 13:53 #2615 by Thomas Hunziker

Mark Landry wrote: Also - different issue, I have the archive module up and running, but when I select a month, my main menu item that pulls up all sermons will only pull up sermons according to what was recently selected on the archive module - does that make sense?

Sorry for the delay in answering. I was in holidays :-)

Is this still an issue for you or did you figure it out?
If it's still an issue, please tell me which SermonSpeaker version you're using. Since you posted this in SermonSpeaker 3.x support I'd suggest to upgrade to Joomla 2.5 and SermonSpeaker 4.x. However you wrote about finder, which is a Joomla 2.5 feature. So I'm not sure what you're using ;-)

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds