Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Update error

More
26 Sep 2012 22:13 #2596 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Update error
I think the error message is related to finding an update. Not when installing an extension. So we probably can rule this out.

You can try downloading the zipfile and installing it. Or you can try upload the unzipped file and use "install from directory".

Since the error comes from the Joomla installer itself, it could be anything where a file is copied. Either when uploading the zip to the server, extracting it into the temp dir or copy the files to the final destination.
The only difference between the modules and the component is the size (> 2M) and the final destination. That leaves us with two possible source of the error:
  • Some PHP directive is restricting the script, either because of size or time.
  • The final destination has no write permission. SermonSpeaker installs into 3 locations:
  1. /components/com_sermonspeaker
  2. /administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker
  3. /media/com_sermonspeaker
To be sure about the write permission, you could temporary change the permissions for those 3 folders (and subfolders and files in it) to 777. Just make sure to revert it after the test.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2012 22:14 #2597 by Andrei Chernyshev
Replied by Andrei Chernyshev on topic Update error
out of curiosity try to install something else other sermon speaker will it work?

More
26 Sep 2012 22:34 #2598 by Doulos
Replied by Doulos on topic Update error
Yes, I installed and updated Akeeba Backup, and JCE Editor without issue. I also was able to install and update Sermons Archive, Sermoncast, Latest Sermons, and all other Sermonspeaker modules with out issue.

It is only the SermonSpeaker component that will not install or update from the control panel. I have had to manually install and update this component.

Thanks for the help.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds