Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Videos

More
27 Aug 2012 18:47 #2416 by Jason
Videos was created by Jason
We just recorded our first sermon on video and wanted to try out the video functionality within SermonSpeaker. We have it uploaded and everything, but when you click the movie icon and it plays the video, there is no audio. this seems to only happen in Firefox. I can view and hear the video fine in IE. The link to our page is www.zluth.org/sermons.html

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2012 19:11 #2417 by Andrei Chernyshev
Replied by Andrei Chernyshev on topic Videos
More likely the video was not coded correctly. I see it quite often in my line of work. where video either works when previewed directly but not at all in player. weird thing is that it does not work at all in Safari. you can try and check this site out. vimeo.com/help/compression on right side there are walk through videos for all major coding software's.

More
28 Aug 2012 11:00 #2419 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Videos
I would search the problem in the used codecs as well. All SermonSpeaker does is pointing the Flashplayer to the correct file, and since this is apparently working, the issue must be somewhere else.

Maybe also try it with HTML5 mode or Flowplayer to see if it's related to the player or a general problem with the file.

More
28 Aug 2012 13:03 #2420 by Jason
Replied by Jason on topic Videos
I have the options set to try HTML5 first, then flash, and I tried using Flowplayer as well. Same results. i think it has something to do with the encoding. I'll keep playing with it.

Thanks.

More
28 Aug 2012 13:16 #2421 by Andrei Chernyshev
Replied by Andrei Chernyshev on topic Videos
make sure you preview the videos or reach specs vimeo.com/help/compression. I'm seeing a lot of mistakes that people are making. by selecting wrong specs and their videos are blown out of proportions, either file sizes are too big i.e. from 700MB they blow it out to about 5GB, or video is pix-elated, or ratio's are not correct, or video does not play for some reason. one thing is make sure you are using
the settings below are for adobe premere
  • AAC audio codec,44.1kHz with bitrate of 320 or so.
  • Video frame rate, make sure it matches the frame rate of your camera when you start project.
  • when converting convert to about 30fps
  • field order non-progresive
  • square pixels
  • target bit rate 4
  • Maximum bit rate 5 (this is where mistakes are made often with videos being too big)
  • Key frame distance 30 frames.
  • mp4 multiplexing
  • Stream compatibility standard

More
28 Aug 2012 13:29 #2422 by Jason
Replied by Jason on topic Videos
The video plays fine on my computer when I play it. And it plays fine in IE, but not Firefox. I read the vimeo site and I made sure my settings matched what they had for the Any Video Converter directions (That's what I'm using). Maybe it would just be better to upload them to Vimeo, and then have the JWplayer show them from there.

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds