Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

SermonSpeaker creating lots of huge zip files

More
11 Aug 2012 08:23 #2390 by Thomas Hunziker
I guess this could help with memory usage, but other than that I don't see any advantages. Or do I miss something?

I'm more tempted to add a new toggle to the series where you can disable the download function for big series (like a "general stuff" series). Or a parameter which only allows downloads for series with less than the set amount of sermons. I think the series download is useful for small series where people want to listen the whole series. It doesn't make a lot of sense if it's a huge series where people probably are only interested in a few sermons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2012 15:37 #2391 by Andrei Chernyshev
What i was thinking those huge series can be broken out into groups of 10. sorted by date. older ones will never be recreated since you probably never change them. only last set of 10 will be recreated.

More
11 Aug 2012 15:48 #2392 by Thomas Hunziker
That would be even more complicated :-)
What if a sermon in a series changes the date? Or a new sermon is inserted into a series? I would have to recreate all of them anyway. SermonSpeaker would have to calculate which files have to be changed and which not, and there is no tracking of the changes that would help with that.

More
11 Aug 2012 16:02 #2393 by Manuel Kuhs
I think if the bug is fixed, then the on-demand with progress bar sounds like the best solution all things considered.

Do I understand it correctly that when a user hits Download Series the zip files is only recreated if it has changed? Or does it always create the zip file again?

More
11 Aug 2012 17:29 #2394 by Thomas Hunziker
I always have to recreate it since I have no clue if something has changed in the series.

More
11 Aug 2012 17:30 #2395 by Manuel Kuhs
I understand.

In that case there should definitely be an option to deactivate series downloads for large series. E.g. I have Heidelberg Catechism series which has almost 100 sermons!

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds