Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

SermonSpeaker creating lots of huge zip files

More
12 Aug 2012 00:48 #2396 by Andrei Chernyshev
Is it possible with Joomla and PHP to create a flat txt file and in that file have sermon mp3 file names. i.e. 1001.txt for series 1001. all you have to do is read contents of that file and see if that matches array list if it's different create a new zip file. just throwing ideas out there. I did this before with Visual Basic, not sure if it's possible with PHP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2012 08:35 #2397 by Thomas Hunziker

Manuel Kuhs wrote: In that case there should definitely be an option to deactivate series downloads for large series. E.g. I have Heidelberg Catechism series which has almost 100 sermons!

Would you prefer a toggle button like the "state" where you manually disbable download for series, or better an automatic function with a parameter which disables the download for all series with more sermons than the set amount? I tend to the automatic function.

More
12 Aug 2012 08:39 #2398 by Thomas Hunziker

Andrei Chernyshev wrote: Is it possible with Joomla and PHP to create a flat txt file and in that file have sermon mp3 file names. i.e. 1001.txt for series 1001. all you have to do is read contents of that file and see if that matches array list if it's different create a new zip file. just throwing ideas out there. I did this before with Visual Basic, not sure if it's possible with PHP.

It's possible, but then I'd rather do it with the database. I think the database will be faster. I could add two fields to the series table: "zip_created" and "zip_content" and a field to the sermon stable: "modified".
If I compare the ids found in zip_content with the list of sermons and compare the latest modified date with the zip_created date, that would be quite safe I think.

More
13 Aug 2012 10:34 #2399 by Manuel Kuhs

Thomas Hunziker wrote:

Manuel Kuhs wrote: In that case there should definitely be an option to deactivate series downloads for large series. E.g. I have Heidelberg Catechism series which has almost 100 sermons!

Would you prefer a toggle button like the "state" where you manually disbable download for series, or better an automatic function with a parameter which disables the download for all series with more sermons than the set amount? I tend to the automatic function.

If it's not too much work, I would say the ideal solution would be BOTH:

* A toggle in the series parameters (so that it can be selected separately for each series) for series download, with 3 options, option 2 selected by default:
1. Disable series download
2. Enable series download (max x)
3. Enable series download (unlimited)

* The ability to set a default maximum number of sermons in a series (x) for which to allow series downloads

To be totally flexible, selecting (2) would then make a new field in the series parameters appear, in which to set x for only the current series

But perhaps I'm being too comprehensive ;)

More
13 Aug 2012 11:10 #2400 by Thomas Hunziker
I can do this, but not as a toggle like the "state" field. It would be a dropdown select in the series form with the options
  • disable
  • auto
  • enable
where "auto" would be default and consider the global parameter for an amount of sermons.

I don't think a parameter per series would make a lot of sense.

Now I only have to find time to make it :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manuel Kuhs

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds