Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Sermon Archive Module

More
26 Jul 2012 14:41 #2328 by Keith Tennefoss
I updated Sermon Speaker 4.4 yesterday and after testing found an issue with the Sermon Archive Module. The problem seems to be that after viewing a Month listing in the sermon archive all other sermon listings are limited to the sermons that I viewed in the archive. So if there are 5 sermons in the month of March and I view it. All other views, like series and the menu sermon list are limited to the sermons that are in March. I tried rolling back to an older version of the Sermon Archive Module, but that did not help. Is there some type of a cache setting that I am missing? Joomla caching is off. The problem is resolved by closing all browser sessions (Safari) and then starting over. Everything seems to work until the archive module is used. I have temporarily removed the sermon archive from my site and would like to have it back. I would appreciate any advice you may have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2012 14:53 #2329 by Thomas Hunziker
Hmm, that would be a Session issue, not a cache issue. I can image where it's coming from. Thanks for notifying me.

I'll see that I can fix it soon.

More
27 Jul 2012 12:24 #2330 by Thomas Hunziker
The issue was indeed session related. Basically all sermons listings are now using the same model class which is responsible for collecting the sermons from the database. This class stores the applied filters in an userstate in the session.
Now since every listing view did use the same class, they also shared the same userstates.

I've changed that now that the userstates include the active viewname as well.

I've attached the new model as a zipped file. You can extract this file and put the sermons.php to

/components/com_sermonspeaker/models/sermons.php

overwriting the existing file.

File Attachment:

File Name: sermons.zip
File Size:4 KB

There is also another change in this file related to the scripture, month and year filters. Currently those filters are populated based on the current list of sermons. I've changed this so they always show all possible values.

Tell me if this fixes your issue (and doesn't introduce a new one B) )
Attachments:

More
27 Jul 2012 14:02 #2331 by Keith Tennefoss
Thanks for the quick response. I put the new sermons.php file in place and the issue is better, but there is still one more area that does not seem to work right. With the changes I can now select a month from the sermon archive module and then navigate to a different month or a series and the sermon list updates. However, if I try and go the current sermon list via the menu, after viewing an archived month, the list is not updated and only shows sermons from the month that I viewed in the archive.

More
27 Jul 2012 14:23 #2332 by Thomas Hunziker
Actually, that's quite intended so far.

Applied filters should be stored even if you leave the page. The same applies for ordering, pagination and the like.

Best would be to show the filter fields (SermonSpeaker settings, global tab) which let the user filter the list himself.

At the moment I don't know how this could be solved otherwise. Any ideas are welcome :-)

More
27 Jul 2012 15:23 #2333 by Keith Tennefoss
The sermon list menu item type is supposed to show the latest specified number of sermons, so I wouldn't expect it to keep the previous filter values. I can include the filter fields, so the user at least knows that the list is still filtered by date.

I'm struggling to have the filter fields displayed. I enabled the setting as you suggested and can see the filter fields when viewing the sermon series. However, on my main sermon list menu the filter fields are not displayed. I tried both the table view and the tableless views. Is there another setting that I am missing?
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds