Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

ID3 Tag Look up not working after upgrade to 4.4

• Kenneth Spressart
  • Kenneth Spressart's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jul 2012 04:44 #2210 by Kenneth Spressart
ID3 Tag Look up not working after upgrade to 4.4 was created by Kenneth Spressart
Hi, I just upgraded to SS 4.4 and now the ID3 tag look up does not work. It worked perfectly using the last prior version. Do I need to install additional files now that you are using AJAX?

I also had the podcast issue but installed your latest patch and that fixed my podcast also.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2012 07:51 #2212 by Thomas Hunziker
You don't need additional files for this. Only Javascript needs to be enabled in the browser.

The behaviour is a bit different from previous versions. Obviously it will not reload the page because of how AJAX works. It will run the request to the server in the background and fill in the info as soon as the answer from the server is ready. This should be quite fast because there are only a few bytes to transfer.
The other thing is that only empty fields will be filled in. SermonSpeaker assumes that if you entered something, you know this stuff better than SermonSpeaker :)

So what exactly doesn't work for you? Do you get an error message? Or nothing at all?

• Kenneth Spressart
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jul 2012 12:34 - 09 Jul 2012 12:35 #2220 by Kenneth Spressart
Replied by Kenneth Spressart on topic ID3 Tag Look up not working after upgrade to 4.4
After I upload the MP3 (FTP) to our site, I then add a new sermon. Via the drop down box I select the sermon file, click on the pin and I get nothing.

We embed the sermon title, speaker and series as the audio tag prior to uploading. Even the length of the sermon does not populate.

I use Chrome as my browser, all worked fine prior to yesterday.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2012 12:35 by Kenneth Spressart.

More
09 Jul 2012 12:50 #2221 by Thomas Hunziker
Hmm, I have just tested it with Chrome and it works fine for me. Title and length should always work as long as there is not already something entered in it.

Do you get any javascript errors on your site? Or can you maybe setup a testaccount for me where I could have a look at it?

• Kenneth Spressart
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jul 2012 14:39 #2222 by Kenneth Spressart
Replied by Kenneth Spressart on topic ID3 Tag Look up not working after upgrade to 4.4
Yes, I can set up a test account. Please provide an email address so i can provide the log in info.

• Kenneth Spressart
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Jul 2012 04:37 #2248 by Kenneth Spressart
Thomas,

We did an update to the plugin and that resolved the issue, all good! Also updated Joomla!

Thanks for looking into the situation so quickly! God's Best!

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds