Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Unable to add speaker within the front end upload

More
16 Jun 2012 17:12 #2088 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you try this one:

Attachment not found

Now it will load a new page which contains the javascript to reload the page / close the modalwindow. This also has the advantage that you will see the message that the speaker is saved.
The same applies to series and the backend, where there was the same issue.

Hopefully this works now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2012 01:16 #2094 by Peter
That seems to work brilliantly - thanks very much. You're a legend! This will be a massive help for the people using it to upload sermons.

The only small issue I found was when you click on 'Save and close' - you are taking to the address '/sermons'. This is not where the user expects to return to and means that the page looks different to the one they started on. Do you know of a way to sort this?

Also, another small point is with regards to when the save returns an error, for example, 'the alias already exists'. When the page reloads and the error message appears all the entered data is lost. Is there any way to post the data to the reloaded page?

Many thanks

More
17 Jun 2012 09:14 #2096 by Thomas Hunziker

Peter wrote: That seems to work brilliantly - thanks very much. You're a legend! This will be a massive help for the people using it to upload sermons.

Peter wrote: The only small issue I found was when you click on 'Save and close' - you are taking to the address '/sermons'. This is not where the user expects to return to and means that the page looks different to the one they started on. Do you know of a way to sort this?

Good point. This should be possible and I even know where to start :-)

Peter wrote: Also, another small point is with regards to when the save returns an error, for example, 'the alias already exists'. When the page reloads and the error message appears all the entered data is lost. Is there any way to post the data to the reloaded page?

This should be doable as well, but I don't know yet how. However since it works in com_content (for the articles) I can reverse engineer the code there :-)

Many thanks[/quote]

More
17 Jun 2012 19:14 #2097 by Thomas Hunziker
Was easier than expected. The data was already stored in the session and it also pulled data out of the session, but it wasn't the same variable name and thus didn't find anything :whistle:

Try the attached version, it should have both issues fixed.

Attachment not found

More
17 Jun 2012 23:53 #2098 by Peter
That works great - thanks very much. This is one amazing component! :cheer: I owe you one!

More
11 Jul 2012 16:14 #2278 by Tanya
Thanks for this! I was having the same problems, so I'm excited to make this change. One question though as I'm a bit of a newbie. I'm not sure what to do with this file. I tried to upload it with the extension manager, but receive an error message that it couldn't upload the file to the server. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds