Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Unable to add speaker within the front end upload

More
14 Jun 2012 00:25 #2065 by Peter
I'm having a problem adding a speaker from the from end upload area. After entering in all the data I click save and get taken back to the area where you upload the audio, however the speaker i just added does not appear to be selected

Has anyone experienced the same issue or know of a fix?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2012 07:41 #2066 by Thomas Hunziker
After the speaker is saved, the page should reload and the speaker should be
visible. I'm not aware of any issue with this so far. Does the page not
reload? Do you get a message? Which browser are you using?

More
14 Jun 2012 20:19 #2071 by Peter
I have just tested. IE 9 seems to successfully add a new speaker. However FF and Chrome do not allow it. They give no error message. Its just when you select the drop down list the speaker is not there.
Is this the same for you?
Any ideas what could be causing this?
Thanks

More
14 Jun 2012 20:40 #2072 by Thomas Hunziker
Ah I see. Apparently IE acts differently here and I tested this particular function only in IE.

The thing is that when you click the save button, two javascript functions are fired: one to submit the speaker form and a second one to reload the parent window (the sermon form). In IE this works great, but in FF and Chrome for some reason the form doesn't submit and only the page gets reloaded.

I have to look into this and see how I can close the window reliable after the form is submitted.

More
15 Jun 2012 00:44 #2073 by Peter
Ok thanks for the info. The people using my website only really use Apple products (annoyingly) so the use of IE is somewhat limited. If you realise a hot fix or anything then please let me know. Thanks so much for your help! It is much appreciated.

More
15 Jun 2012 10:36 #2074 by Thomas Hunziker
As a "quick and dirty" fix you can remove the reload statement from the javascript. For Frontend look in the file

components/com_sermonspeaker/views/speakerform/tmpl/modal.php

Backend is in

administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/speaker/tmpl/modal.php

Look for this code:
Code:
<button type="button" onclick="Joomla.submitbutton('speakerform.save'); window.parent.location.reload();">
on line #44 and #74 in Frontend and
Code:
<button type="button" onclick="Joomla.submitbutton('speaker.save'); window.parent.location.reload();">
on line #97 in Backend.

Remove the
Code:
window.parent.location.reload();
and it should work. However you will need to close the modal window and reload the sermon form manually then.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds