Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Category Filter for SermonCast

More
30 May 2012 23:28 #1998 by Thomas Hunziker
www.crosswayonline.org/index.php?option=...t=raw&sermon_cat=105 should do it, but for some reason it doesn't work on your site. The filters are just ignored.
There is a small bug I know which would give this behaviour if the "&format=raw" parameter is missing. SermonSpeaker then would create a redirect including this parameter, but drop the category and type parameters. But in your case it shouldn't do this.

Can you tell me if you're using the latest release of SermonSpeaker? Also I would be interested in your Joomla version and SEF settings used. Maybe you're also using a 3rd party SEF extension?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2012 00:01 #2000 by Bill Nye
I'm using Joomla 2.54 and sermon speaker package 4.4.3. The sermon cast is 4.4.0

I do have SEF turned on.

Thanks

More
31 May 2012 08:22 #2001 by Thomas Hunziker
That's strange. I just tried it on several websites I run and it works everywhere with the same releases.
For now you can ignore the sermoncast module. All it does is creating a link with this URL for you:
www.crosswayonline.org/index.php?option=...t=raw&sermon_cat=105

This should work in all cases, except if you have some extension installed which fiddles with URLs, like 3rd party SEF extensions or similar stuff.

After looking at your page now, I see that you output an SQL statement. Interesting enough this statement has the sermon category 105 in it, but it doesn't change if I use &sermon_cat=33 which it should. Maybe it's a cache problem? Do you have caching turned on? If so whith which settings?

More
31 May 2012 16:06 #2002 by Bill Nye
I have tried turning off all server caching mechanisms and clearing browser cache - it still returns the same data set? I was echoing the query from models/feed.php. Is this the query that is used?

I have tried to run that query against the database with odd results - it simply returns the demo sermon that has been deleted? obviously something wrong in my test run.

Any other thoughts?

More
31 May 2012 16:08 #2003 by Andrei Chernyshev
Thomas could it be server cache? on my brothers site, i make a change and it takes like 15-30 minutes for it to show up.

More
31 May 2012 16:23 #2004 by Bill Nye
Hello,

I spoke to soon in my previous post - The issue is caching. After turning off the Joomla cache in global config-> system, the page refreshes. Not sure why it didn't start behaving that way immediately after turning off the cache. In any case, now it works.

Is this normal behavior - Can I disable cache for the feed without having to disable the global Joomla cache?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds