Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Category Filter for SermonCast

More
31 May 2012 16:25 #2005 by Thomas Hunziker

Bill Nye wrote: I have tried turning off all server caching mechanisms and clearing browser cache - it still returns the same data set? I was echoing the query from models/feed.php. Is this the query that is used?

I have tried to run that query against the database with odd results - it simply returns the demo sermon that has been deleted? obviously something wrong in my test run.

Any other thoughts?

The query in models/feed.php is the correct one. Caching may bypass the query depending on how the caching works. Eg if it stores the generated page in a file and reads from there. That would be something I can probably fix (read: disable). But before I fiddle with the caching I need to be sure it's caused by this :-)

If you run the query directly, you need to replace the #__ with your actual Joomla database prefix, otherwise MySQL will not find any table. Other than that it should work. It should never show deleted sermons, as they have the state set to -2.

AND sermons.state != '-2'

should remove them from being shown. If the query doesn't work directly in the database, something definitively is wrong there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2012 16:27 #2006 by Thomas Hunziker

Andrei Chernyshev wrote: Thomas could it be server cache? on my brothers site, i make a change and it takes like 15-30 minutes for it to show up.

Every cache may produce issues depending on how it is set up. However most I know are based on the URL, and this one would be different so it shouldn't be cached in theory.

More
31 May 2012 16:29 #2007 by Thomas Hunziker

Bill Nye wrote: Hello,

I spoke to soon in my previous post - The issue is caching. After turning off the Joomla cache in global config-> system, the page refreshes. Not sure why it didn't start behaving that way immediately after turning off the cache. In any case, now it works.

Is this normal behavior - Can I disable cache for the feed without having to disable the global Joomla cache?

Thanks

Good to know then, thanks!
Unfortunately you can't disable caching for a single view. But the good news is: I can. I will have a look this evening and see if I can improve it. Best would be to not disable but make it work with the various categories.
Can you tell me which caching mode you had activated? Maybe I can reproduce it then.

More
31 May 2012 16:31 #2008 by Andrei Chernyshev
There was a component called jotCache, with it you could have disabled, either whole component or a single layout, or a page. but i believe it got unpublished for some reason.

More
More
31 May 2012 17:16 #2010 by Bill Nye
I have been able to use the progressive caching with other areas of the site. However even if I turn on the conservative caching, the problem with the feed not refreshing reappears.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds