Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Frontpage editor not working

More
01 Apr 2012 20:43 - 01 Apr 2012 20:58 #1700 by Name
When I just updated SermonSpeaker to version 4.4 and tried to test the frontend upload, it did not work :(
The server gives 404 "The requested document was not found on this server."
I tried to replicate this on my localhost and the same error showed put. (Strange since I do not remember any errors when translating).
Anyway, my best guess is that is has something to do with the .edit 'file extension' that the URL has when you open the frontend editor. When I remove it from the URL it works just as it should be.

I also want to mention that the xmap bug for series is still out there, and the xmap plugin does not update properly somehow. It keeps telling me there is an update even tough it is already 4.4.
EDIT: Did some further digging and figured out that in the plg_sermonspeaker_xmap.xml update file, the update is mentioned twice. That's probably causing the problem.

Hopefully this does not spoils the release day and is it just my system somehow ;)
Last edit: 01 Apr 2012 20:58 by Name.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2012 21:15 #1701 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you try deleting the plugin and reinstall the one from the download section? It may be because you had a pre-release package. I had the same on my test server.

I have to look into the frontend issue. It's working on my test site but I'll try to reproduce it tomorrow.
Can you tell me if you have SEF enabled and hwich options? Also are you accessing the frontend uploader from a menu entry? If yes can you try making the menu entry new?

More
02 Apr 2012 08:54 #1702 by Thomas Hunziker

Christian van Bruggen wrote: I also want to mention that the xmap bug for series is still out there, and the xmap plugin does not update properly somehow. It keeps telling me there is an update even tough it is already 4.4.
EDIT: Did some further digging and figured out that in the plg_sermonspeaker_xmap.xml update file, the update is mentioned twice. That's probably causing the problem.

I think the problem with the plugin is because you have the prerelease plugin installed. This had a version of 4.4. The now released version has 4.4.0. Joomla seems to have a bug here in that it detects an update (4.4.0 to be higher than 4.4) and shows it, but when it actually installs the thing, it doesn't update the version info in their table because it thinks it's the same. Just guessing here but it makes the most sense for me.
The updateserver xml file contains two update sections because we have to do one for each supported Joomla version, one for Joomla 2.5 and another one for Joomla 1.7

More
02 Apr 2012 13:18 #1703 by Thomas Hunziker

Christian van Bruggen wrote: When I just updated SermonSpeaker to version 4.4 and tried to test the frontend upload, it did not work :(
The server gives 404 "The requested document was not found on this server."
I tried to replicate this on my localhost and the same error showed put. (Strange since I do not remember any errors when translating).

I think I've found the bug, but I don't know yet why it's working for me but not for you.
Extract the attached file and put it to

components/com_sermonspeaker/controllers/frontendupload.php

Basically it was redirecting to a wrong "edit" layout when it should have taken the "default" one. Another solution would be to rename the layout to "edit" (which seems to be the default Joomla name for forms).
Can you try if this solves it for you?

Also can you tell me what Joomla version you are running? Because my Joomla 2.5.3 tries to load the "default" layout if the "edit" one isn't found. Maybe that was a change in a recent Joomla update?
Attachments:

More
02 Apr 2012 16:27 - 02 Apr 2012 16:30 #1706 by Name
I use Joomla 2.5.3 (and just updated to .4) on both my production and testing site.

After reinstalling the xmap plugin on my production site it still asks for an update like before. Guess there must be something else going on.

The patch u made for the frontend editor doesn't seem to have any effect, BUT I found something else interesting: I always enable rewrite and SEF on my site but disable the extension suffix. When I turned this on, the problem is instantly solved (tested both with and without patch).

Hopefully this makes it a bit more clear what is going on
Last edit: 02 Apr 2012 16:30 by Name.

More
02 Apr 2012 17:20 #1707 by Thomas Hunziker
I think I've fixed the xmap plugin. I was stupid enough to upload the correct file, but named it differently than the one already there and referenced in the update xml. Thus it was always downloading the old one.
Please try again and thanks for being persistent.

The SEF mode is indeed the source. At least I can reproduce the behaviour now. Going to debug now :)

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds