Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

JW Player Skins

More
01 Mar 2012 14:19 #1582 by James Trogdon
I'm finally using Joomla 2.5.1 on my local test site and I have installed SermonSpeaker 4.3. I would like to experiment with the various skins for the media player. I have tried to put the path of where the .zip file for the JW Player skin resides but I can't seem to get it to take effect. Is there something I'm missing? I'm specifying the path in SermonSpeaker like the following:

images/sermons/skins/myskin.zip

I've downloaded a couple of skins from the JW Player site. Is there a particular version of a skin that will only work? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

P.S: Is there any fix to sorting the tables in Joomla 2.5.1?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2012 14:27 #1584 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: JW Player Skins
Short answer first: Sorting is a bug in Joomla, which I wait for a fix myself. The thread on the official forums has some solutions and also a link to the tracker:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=615&t=691372

The skin question I have to try out myself first to verify it's not a bug. I will answer that one later :)

More
01 Mar 2012 15:58 #1585 by Thomas Hunziker
To answer the question about skins:

The path you specified is correct. This should work.

However you need to make sure the skin is compatible with JW5. JW4 skins will not work.
I've tested it with the " Grunge Tape " skin from their site. It's a good testing skin because it's quite obvious if it is applied or not :D

Also it only works with JW Player for obvious reasons ;)

More
01 Mar 2012 16:26 #1586 by James Trogdon
Replied by James Trogdon on topic Re: JW Player Skins
This was one I tried:

Norden

It says it's a v5 skin. Could you try it and see if it works? It still could be something on my end.

More
01 Mar 2012 16:32 #1588 by Thomas Hunziker
Works for me: joomla16.hopto.org/index.php?option=com_...=sermons&Itemid=1379

The path I've entered is:
images/sermons/skins/norden.zip

One thing to check is if you can access the zipfile stored on your server. Maybe there is some access restrictions to zipfiles in the .htaccess or the server settings.

More
09 Apr 2012 04:59 - 09 Apr 2012 04:59 #1732 by James Trogdon
Replied by James Trogdon on topic Re: JW Player Skins
I finally got this work. Here's what I did:

1. I had to create a custom layout (iconmod) and changed this line 'alt_player' => 1 to zero, 'alt_player' => 0. So the JW Player wasn't even loading to begin with.

2. Then I changed my skin path to this -> /joomla2/images/sermons/skins/myskin/myskin.zip. My joomla installation for 2.5 falls under the joomla2 directory.

I do have one suggestion. The default dimensions for the player is '23px', '250px'. I would like that added as an option for the user to set in SermonSpeaker Options->Player tab. Some skins do not fall under the 23x250 dimensions so it would be good to allow the user to set this so they could accommodate different skins. Thanks!
Last edit: 09 Apr 2012 04:59 by James Trogdon.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds