Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Hiding Playlists

• stephen
  • stephen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Jan 2012 22:37 #1345 by stephen
Replied by stephen on topic Re: Hiding Playlists
Now if i was to switch over to using RTMP to play the video and stream it would this mess up sermonspeaker in anyway?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2012 22:41 #1346 by Andrei Chernyshev
aren't RTMP servers expensive?

• stephen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Jan 2012 01:15 #1347 by stephen
We have a hosted 3rd party hosting/streaming server 20 GB though unfortunately :(.

More
06 Jan 2012 02:36 #1348 by Andrei Chernyshev
Vimeo video server is $60/year and you can upload 5GB a week.

More
06 Jan 2012 08:10 #1349 by Thomas Hunziker
If you host the files on a extern server, all flash applications like the player will not be able to access them by default. You can google "flash cross domain restriction" to see how you can remedy this.

The other thing is that PHP can't access those files, so any feature of SermonSpeaker which needs access to the file itself will fail. Like the download function (it will just redirect to the file instead) or the id3 tag writing.

You would also need to edit the helper/player.php. The javascript for the JW Player probably needs to be adjusted for streaming. Shouldn't be that hard to do.

• stephen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 May 2012 03:03 #1964 by stephen
I have upgraded to 4.4.3 and I would like to know how to change the padding on both sides of the video when I play it non-full screen there is a lot of black space even after i start the video. However, the player stretches when I go full screen. If you go to www.southsidealliance.org/ssamedia/archive and click on any of the series you will see my issues.

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds