Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Hiding Playlists

• stephen
  • stephen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Jan 2012 18:06 #1335 by stephen
Hiding Playlists was created by stephen
Hello,

I was told by editing the player.php file and deleting the two lines that deal with playlist size and the position within the JW player in the player.php file. Where can i find this code again in the new 4.3 release.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2012 18:29 #1337 by Thomas Hunziker
In SermonSpeaker 4.3 with the new layouting feature, the best way would be to create your own layout.
The player class now takes configuration arguments as explained in the documentation about this feature.

Of course you can still edit the player.php file and alter the default values in it. For the single player these are set around line #145:
Code:
$this->setDimensions('23px', '250px');

For the list players you need to find the player function you use (JWPlayer, FlowPlayer or PixelOut). Inside this function there is the same call as well for the playlist.

• stephen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Jan 2012 18:41 #1339 by stephen
Replied by stephen on topic Re: Hiding Playlists
Ok whatever is in the top there i would like to know what to edit to have that gone within jw player. Please look at the attachment.
Attachments:

More
05 Jan 2012 19:01 #1340 by Thomas Hunziker
Ah this one. This is actually quite easy with SermonSpeaker 4.3. It's no longer done by the player itself but by SermonSpeaker with regular HTML.
You can just hide the container with CSS. Add the following CSS rules to your site template and it will remain if you upgrade SermonSpeaker. Or add it to /media/com_sermonspeaker/css/sermonspeaker.css if you rather have it there.
Code:
#playing{display:none;}

• stephen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Jan 2012 20:16 #1343 by stephen
Replied by stephen on topic Re: Hiding Playlists
Hello,

One last question when my video is "downloading" as it's playing it being very pausy up until the entire video is downloaded then it doesn't pause as much are there any settings within JW player that would help this issue. I have talked to my hosting provider and they thought possibly it could be a player issue because on our subdomain where we reference the same file and folder plays fine.

More
05 Jan 2012 22:09 #1344 by Thomas Hunziker
You would have to ask this over on the JWPlayer forums: www.longtailvideo.com/support/forums

All SermonSpeaker does is implementing the player through their JW Embedder.

You could try Flowplayer instead and see if that solves the issue. Then it's probably related to the player somehow.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds