Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Admin Menu Error

More
04 Oct 2011 19:42 #1085 by Neil Zampella
Loaded the 4.2.1 package on a new 1.7 install. Seems to have loaded ok, but got an error about the admin menu. Still, I saw the message that I needed to save my options.

I did so, uploaded a few sermons, and was able to create a sermon list page without a problem. However, when I wanted to get back to the component, it was not listed in the component drop down menu list

I can get to the component by entering a direct url, (sitename/administrator/index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker), but there is no menu.

I tried to uninstall the component, then reinstall just the component, but the same error appeared.

Not sure if this is a component configuration issue, or something I need to ask at the Joomla forums.

Thanks for your help.

NeilZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2011 20:00 #1086 by Andrei Chernyshev
did you migrate anything from 1.5? I've had something similar happen to me when i used migration component to migrate database over to 1.7. it pretty much overwrote root entries in database. you can try and find a component under intall->manage and try and uninstall it and install again.

More
05 Oct 2011 00:48 #1087 by Neil Zampella
Replied by Neil Zampella on topic Re: Admin Menu Error
Nope ... this was a new install of 1.7.

More
05 Oct 2011 09:58 #1089 by Thomas Hunziker
That's strange. It sounds more like a Joomla issue than a SermonSpeaker one.
The admin menu is created with a simple statement in the sermonspeaker.xml file. I just say where it should point and what name and picture it should have.

If you are familiar with the database you can have a look at the #__menu table to see if the entries were created.

More
05 Oct 2011 13:19 #1090 by Neil Zampella
Replied by Neil Zampella on topic Re: Admin Menu Error
The entries are there, but I'm not sure what the various flag options should be. I'll do some digging in the Joomla 1.7 forums at Joomla.org.

Thanks.

More
05 Oct 2011 21:59 #1093 by Thomas Hunziker
You could try deleting those menu entries (make a backup of the table first!) and reinstall SermonSpeaker over the existing installation. I think it should recreate the entries then.
Also make sure you're logged in as Super Administrator, otherwise the menu may be hidden due to permission issues.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds