Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

iTunes artwork doesn't display

More
27 Jun 2011 18:45 #698 by Richard Papworth
SermonSpeaker correctly creates our iTunes feed, and our feed artwork appears in our iTunes Store listing (search for "Westside Bible Fellowship" in the store). However, the artwork does not display in the subscribed iTunes feed. Isn't SermonSpeaker supposed to do this automatically? Am I missing a setting?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2011 18:53 #699 by Andrei Chernyshev
can you show us your feed link? is this it? www.westside-bible.org/index.php?option=...cat=35&sermon_cat=35 ? the logo link seems to be invalid westside-bible.org/prod/images/stories/WSBC/ituneslogo.jpg .
also by the way on you sermons page there is "JPAGE_CURRENT_OF_TOTAL" that is missing. www.westside-bible.org/sermons/itunes-podcasts.html

More
27 Jun 2011 19:38 #700 by Thomas Hunziker
This is a strange behaviour of iTunes. The picture associated with the feed is only shown in the store. When you subscribe the feed, iTunes will show the picture associated with the newest episode, not the one of the feed.
I think this is quite stupid but you have to ask Apple why they do this.

Now to have a picture for an episode, you need to include the picture into the mp3 file itself. Since SermonSpeaker doesn't change anything with the file, this is something you would have to do yourself when you create the file.

More
29 Jun 2011 21:21 #706 by Richard Papworth
To answer Andrei's questions, our feed is www.westside-bible.org/index.php?option=...monspeaker&view=feed

I have experimented with different logo links. I agree that the one you tried is invalid. I just changed it to westside-bible.org/images/stories/WSBC/ituneslogo.jpg . I'll check to see if this made a difference.

I see the "JPAGE_CURRENT_OF_TOTAL" reference, but I am not sure what is causing this. Can you tell me?

Thomas, so you are saying we have to embed the logo in every single sermon file?

More
29 Jun 2011 22:09 #707 by Thomas Hunziker

Richard Papworth wrote: I see the "JPAGE_CURRENT_OF_TOTAL" reference, but I am not sure what is causing this. Can you tell me?

Thomas, so you are saying we have to embed the logo in every single sermon file?

The "JPAGE_CURRENT_OF_TOTAL" comes from an outdated (or incomplete) Joomla languagefile. Check if there is an update for it ;-)

I just checked again the Apple Podcast specifications and it seems like they added now an image tag on episode level. This wasn't possible back when I created the feed view. :-)
I'll look into this for the next release of SermonSpeaker. For now unfortunately you have to embed the image into every single sermon file.

More
30 Jun 2011 19:53 #708 by Richard Papworth
Installing the latest language file fixed the "JPAGE_CURRENT_OF_TOTAL" problem.

It would be appreciated if a future release of SermonSpeaker would automatically transfer the artwork to iTunes from the location specified in the SS parameters.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds