Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

problem on controller.php

More
12 Jan 2011 13:06 #44 by jon wilkin
on my site, littlefallschurch.org, sermon speaker pages all have this message:
Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in /home/jonwilki/public_html/components/com_sermonspeaker/controller.php on line 14

sermons play back fine, but download and podcast don't work.
can I just put in a fresh controller.php, or should reinstall sermon speaker?

thanks, jon wilkin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2011 13:32 #45 by Thomas Hunziker
Just set a page title for your Joomla installation in the Joomla global parameter instead :)

More
12 Jan 2011 14:59 #46 by jon wilkin
Thanks. The message is gone. However, when I try "download," I get "file not found. I turned off the download button. I'll check itunes tonight to see if it picked up the last two weeks.

Thanks again, jon

More
12 Jan 2011 15:22 #47 by Thomas Hunziker
For the feed problem: Try disabling all system plugins, especially the non Joomla Core ones.
Something is creating a space bevore the feedpage is displayed and this usually breaks any xml file.

For the download problem, you can try the attached controller.php. Extract it and put it into the /components/com_sermonspeaker directory. It's the current controller from my development site. There are a few minor changes, which maybe correct your problem.
If it doesn't help, go back to your current controller.php and we'll have to see deeper.
The error message is generated because the server seems to be unable to located the file for some reason.
Attachments:

More
13 Jan 2011 14:12 #58 by jon wilkin
Thanks again. The itunes feed works again. Itunes picked up the last two sermons last night.
The new controller.php - I activated the download button after I uploaded the new controller.php. This time download found the (audio) file, but displayed it as a text file. Try it -
littlefallschurch.org/resources/sermons-...10019-god-the-father

Thanks, jon

More
13 Jan 2011 14:51 #60 by Thomas Hunziker
It's the same problem that you feed has.
If you look at your feed with a browser it will look wierd.
littlefallschurch.org/index.php?option=c...monspeaker&view=feed
You may also validate it with the Feed Validator

The download function also starts with a php warning:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../index.php:1) in .../components/com_sermonspeaker/controller.php on line 62

Both errors are caused by some system plugin which behaves wrong. Try disabling all system plugins and see if this solves the issue. If it does, then enable one after eachother till you have the source ;)

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds