Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

iTunes "not currently available in the U.S. store"

More
13 Mar 2012 18:27 #1625 by Ben Russell
I probably could but the feed link that was approved by iTunes was fwcbranson.com/index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=feed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2012 18:44 #1626 by Ben Russell
I'm wondering if some technicality flagged this feed as not available...meaning I have to resubmit it.

More
13 Mar 2012 18:47 #1627 by Andrei Chernyshev
i just went to re validate your feed, the one you just sent. and here are errors that i've gotten.
Sorry

This feed does not validate.
line 214, column 4185: length of 4163 exceeds the maximum allowable for itunes:summary of 4000 [help]
... ntil You Put Him First In Your Life. </itunes:summary>
^
line 244, column 4034: length of 4016 exceeds the maximum allowable for itunes:summary of 4000 [help]
... ransformed By The Renewing Of Your Mind.</itunes:summary>
^
line 274, column 4161: length of 4077 exceeds the maximum allowable for itunes:summary of 4000 [help]
... It Takes And No Matter What It Takes. </itunes:summary>
^
line 304, column 5010: length of 4965 exceeds the maximum allowable for itunes:summary of 4000 [help]
... Big, That You Can’t Do It Without God? </itunes:summary>
^
line 379, column 2767: XML parsing error: <unknown>:379:2767: not well-formed (invalid token) [help]
... Give”. ~Saving Vs. Hoarding: Gen 41:47&53; ~Prepare In Our Abundance An ...

More
13 Mar 2012 18:48 #1628 by Thomas Hunziker
From reading up this error message in Google, it seems to be related to you account, not the feed itself.

The feed has an error on its own, as it's not showing in my browser. According to feedvalidator there are 5 issues, 4 are related to the length of the itunes:summary field. This is a bug in SermonSpeaker which I fixed internally some weeks ago thanks to Andrei. It shouldn't break the feed however.
The one breaking the feed is on line 379 and is probably about the ampersand (&) in the scripture. XML doesn't seem to like those.

More
13 Mar 2012 19:04 #1629 by Ben Russell
Thanks again so much for all the help guys. Part of this is user error (me). For some reason the feed sometimes worked in firefox, but always seemed to work (without the picture) in Safari. I just assumed the sometimes it didn't work in Firefox was something with my connection...

The ampersand is now gone. I'll see about the summary field length. The RSS feed is now working in firefox everytime. I'm crossing my fingers for iTunes.

Ben

More
13 Mar 2012 19:33 - 13 Mar 2012 19:33 #1630 by Thomas Hunziker
If you look at the file /components/com_sermonspeaker/views/feed/view.raw.php on line #122 this is where the tag is filled.
You can replace the code
Code:
$item->itSummary = $item_notes;
with
Code:
if (strlen($item_notes) > 4000){ $item->itSummary = mb_substr($item_notes, 0, 3997, 'UTF-8').'...'; } else { $item->itSummary = $item_notes; }
This will cut down the summary text to max 4000 chars.
Last edit: 13 Mar 2012 19:33 by Thomas Hunziker.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds