Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Joomla Fields - display in Sermon Speaker

More
22 May 2017 20:52 #6680 by Thomas Hunziker
The automatic display events use the JLayout located in components/com_fields/layouts/fields/render.php. You can override that in your template globally or even make an override for com_sermonspeaker.
But I think you're not getting lucky with that either. You need to get a bit more creative for table layouts.
In the table header section, you can add this code at the place you like:
Code:
<?php if ($this->items[0]->jcfields) : ?> <?php foreach ($this->items[0]->jcfields as $field) : ?> <th><?php echo JText::_($field->title); ?></th> <?php endforeach; ?> <?php endif; ?>
And in the data section you put this:
Code:
<?php if ($item->jcfields) : ?> <?php foreach ($item->jcfields as $field) : ?> <td><?php echo $field->value; ?></td> <?php endforeach; ?> <?php endif; ?>

That should show all custom fields for an item at the place where you add the code.
If you only want to show selected you would have to hardcode it in your layout. Eg $item->jcfields[4] would be the field with the ID 4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2017 14:55 - 23 May 2017 15:10 #6681 by Alan Wright
Thanks again. The code you listed worked well - I was on a similar track, but couldn't figure out the syntax of jcfields.

I tried making the column sortable like the others, but couldn't get it to work. Probably something to do with the fields being in a different table to the sermons? Not a big deal - just thought I'd try.

Code:
<th class="ss-col ss-service hidden- <?php if (!$limit) : echo JHtml::_('grid.sort', $field->title, $field->value, $listDirn, $listOrder); else : echo JText::_($field->title); endif; ?> </th>
Last edit: 23 May 2017 15:10 by Alan Wright.

More
23 May 2017 15:31 #6682 by Thomas Hunziker
You can't sort by the fields due to the way the whole custom field feature works.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds