Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Joomla Fields - display in Sermon Speaker

More
13 May 2017 14:21 #6664 by Alan Wright
A few months ago, Thomas wrote:

If you can wait for Joomla 3.7, it will have a big feature "Custom Fields" which will allow to create own fields. SermonSpeaker will support that feature as soon as J3.7.0 is released.

I can see fields are available now. Any hints on how to get them to display on pages? In particular I'm trying to get another column to display on the Sermons layout. I tried looking at the joomla help, but the following didn't work in a template override. The template override was working (I could display static text), but I couldn't pull the custom property...
Code:
<?php if ($this->params->get('Service', false)) : ?> <td class="ss-col ss-service hidden-phone hidden-tablet"> <?php echo $this->params->get('Service'); ?> </td> <?php endif; ?>

I also couldn't get Custom1 and custom2 to work, but joomla custom properties looks more promising, with field types, lists, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2017 18:47 - 14 May 2017 15:19 #6665 by Thomas Hunziker
The Joomla Custom Fields are certainly the way to go. I already removed the custom columns from the SermonSpeaker version which will be available for Joomla 4 (when it is released sometime next year).

In which layout exactly are you trying to display the fields?
Last edit: 14 May 2017 15:19 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
14 May 2017 11:51 #6666 by Alan Wright
Great!

I'm using Sermon List (Table)

More
14 May 2017 15:24 #6667 by Thomas Hunziker
You're right, it doesn't work for the list views. I need to add that.
There are a few questions to solve. For the blog layout the "automatic display" can be done similar to the single sermon layouts, but where should they appear in list and table layouts? "After Title", "Before Display" and "After Display" aren't that clear in that context. Or maybe just make it available for template overrides? Need to think about that.

Also it may be useful to have an option to toggle that behavior on and off. Because it requires a plugin even trigger per item which may have some performance implications. That's also something to consider.

More
15 May 2017 13:14 #6668 by Thomas Hunziker
Version 5.6.2 adds support for custom fields to the list views. They will be shown in all "blgo" type layouts automatically. The other layouts don't show them but you can use the data in your overrides: $item->jcfields contains the raw field data and $item->event->afterDisplayTitle (or beforeDisplayContent or afterDisplayContent) the preprocessed fields.

More
22 May 2017 16:05 - 22 May 2017 16:06 #6679 by Alan Wright
Thanks for your prompt response to this.. I'm just getting back to this problem.
I got it working for Sermons Table view with
Code:
<td class="ss-col ss-scripture hidden-phone"> <?php echo $item->event->afterDisplayContent; ?> </td>

But it renders inside a dl and dd tag which mucks with the formatting.
Code:
<td class="ss-col ss-scripture hidden-phone"> <dl class="fields-container"> <dd class="field-entry "> <span class="field-value">AM</span> </dd> </dl> </td>

Any ideas how to fix this?
Last edit: 22 May 2017 16:06 by Alan Wright.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds