Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

http:200 error on sermon uploads

More
28 Mar 2017 21:31 #6601 by Thomas Hunziker
The only thing I can imagine is that Godaddy is doing some security checks for uploaded files and for some reason discards some of your files.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2017 18:18 #6608 by Nick Lauren
Hey Thomas,

This is the answer I got back from Godaddy Tech Support after a week of working with them and finally getting kicked up to the "highest" support level:

Thank you for contacting hosting support. After further review, we have some information for you regarding the upload of mp3 files to your joomla site.

It appears that the upload requests being sent by your site are formatted incorrectly and our server is then seeing them as an invalid/incomplete request. There is not a block of any specific nature that is preventing these uploads, but rather it is the way they are being sent that is invalid.

If you are using any third party software in conjunction with joomla (such as a plugin), it might be beneficial to attempt disabling these add-ons or replacing them with similar plugins that perform the same task to see if this will resolve the issue.

As the issue is with the requests being sent and not with interpreting these requests, it appears your hosting plan is functioning properly.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Thank you,

Andy G.
Hosting Support

Any idea what I can do now?

Nick

More
05 Apr 2017 20:06 #6609 by Thomas Hunziker
I wonder what would make the requests invalid sometimes and sometimes not. It's always the exact same code which runs.
So it would be something on your computer or a flaky internet connection which messes with the upload request. Assuming the support reply from GoDaddy is correct.
You could also try with a different browser to see if that makes a difference (to rule out some browser plugins).

I doubt it is related to SermonSpeaker itself. It's a regular AJAX request that is run there.

More
05 Apr 2017 20:58 #6610 by Nick Lauren
Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either. I have tried it on all browsers, different computers...including across the continent (in Oregon) and it's always the same files that have the issue. It also isn't internet connection (I have 60+ MBPS Cable).

The interesting connection: I ran it on another Joomla site on another server (fatcow) and the problem file uploaded. I also re-encoded one of the problem files using Adobe Media Encoder (it ballooned from 17 to 46MB) but it worked. The exact same file, re-encoded worked on Godaddy.

It's such a mystery...could how the file is encoded have anything to do with it?

More
05 Apr 2017 21:14 #6611 by Thomas Hunziker
Obviously, it looks like the encoding plays a role. And also the server.
That's why I think GoDaddy was talking shit, and honestly they aren't exactly known for their stellar support. They are known for cheap hosting with all the downsides that brings with it.
I'd still suspect some mod_security or other firewall/virus scan stuff. It may be that the support is right and the requests comes in malformed/invalid at the Apache/PHP stack, but that's most likely due to their network/server setup and not your fault. There are things which happen before it comes to Joomla.

More
05 Apr 2017 21:16 #6612 by Nick Lauren
No, I think you're right. I'm going to rebuild the site on a new server from scratch. That should solve the problem.

Thanks Thomas...for the help.

Nick

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds