Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

http:200 error on sermon uploads

More
05 Nov 2015 10:17 #5613 by William Osborn
We just moved the following website to a new server, and while the upload limits in the server's PHP configuration are high enough to allow the upload of the sermons, we are getting the "HTTP:error 200", upon the completion of the upload. We did some research and discovered that sometimes this error is caused by the server's Session variable not being enabled, but session support appears to be enabled. Have you encountered this situation before?
It seems to be a server problem because we can't upload images via a Joomla component such as extPlorer.
Thanks for all your help.

The website is biatorbagy.golgota.hu

Thanks for all your help with this excellent component.

WIlliam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2015 10:51 #5614 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you check the server error logs if there are any PHP errors in it?
Turn on error reporting in the Joomla configuration and set it to maximum or development and check again if after a failed upload something shows in the logs.
What does SermonSpeaker tell you what the upload limit is? Is that close to the file size?

The strange thing is that HTTP 200 is actually a success message, not an error message.

More
20 Dec 2016 06:51 #6348 by Radovan
Hi, I have same problem, even the uploaded mp3 file is only 84MB.
PHP.INI setting:
max_execution_time = 80, max_input_time = 60, memory_limit = 300M, upload_max_filesize = 180M, post_max_size = 180M

I am using latest (5.5.4) S. Speaker on Joomla 3.6.5 and PHP 5.6.20. In media manager is not problem to upload any file and in server LOG file are not logged problems according file size or something simmilar.
To upload 44MB mp3 fie is not problem. Where can by a problem?
Thanks a lot.
Regards

More
20 Dec 2016 07:39 #6349 by Thomas Hunziker
If it works with smaller files, it's either a memory or timing issue. I can't imagine anything else.

More
20 Dec 2016 14:22 - 20 Dec 2016 14:23 #6350 by Radovan
Hi, the problem is with normal (shared) servers - upload 40MB file through backend is usually maximal size. Doesn't matter if you change php.ini settings. Servers has their own limits...

Solution is only upload MP3 file through FTP manager. But there is another problem with SermonSpeaker - all files are in one folder and if you have 200-500 mp3 files uploaded through FTP, they all are listed in drop down list and it is not handy, if you want to choose 1 uploaded file from 200-500 files. Solution will be to have bigger media manager window instead (as has JCE or Media manager in Joomla if you want to choose file).

Another help will be to have possibility to upload files to subfolders (created according categories), similar to language and date folder offered by SermonSpeaker (less files listed in drop down list).

What you think?
Thanks for reply, Radovan
Last edit: 20 Dec 2016 14:23 by Radovan.

More
20 Dec 2016 15:43 #6351 by Thomas Hunziker
You can enable the feature to have monthly subdirectories, then you get a lot less files in that dropdown.
Having that per category isn't going to work because SermonSpeaker doesn't know the category before the sermon is stored. For date and language subfolders SermonSpeaker makes guesses based on the current date and language.

The media manager from Joomla unfortunately can't be used in extensions for anything else than images. There is a project to rewrite that manager which hopefully then allows to use it for different file types as well, but until then I'm stuck with what we have. Or I would have to write my own media manager which I want to avoid.

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds