Errors after migrating to Jooma 4

More
13 Jan 2024 00:09 #8291 by Alistair Kent
Hi!

I have successfully migrated my site - www.the-rock.org.uk/ - to Joomla 4.

I then successfully upgraded SermonSpeaker to Sermon Speaker 6 (I think!). All the files look like they have been updated in Extension Manager.

I've had to recreate my menu items, but I'm still getting an error on the two menu links I have set up for 'Sermon Lists'. (under the 'media' menu item).

I can link a menu to a 'speaker list' or 'Series lIst', but whenever I link to a page with a player on it, it won't open, so maybe that's teh isue?

I've downloaded seperately the MediaElement.js 6 (Joomla 4) player, but taht doesnt seem to solve the issue.

When I turn error reporting to 'maximum' and also enable 'debugging', I get the following errors...Call stack#Function1()2SermonspeakerViewSermons->display()3Joomla\CMS\Cache\Controller\ViewController->get()4Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display()5SermonspeakerController->display()6Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()7require_once()8Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}()9Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch()10Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()11Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch()12Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()13Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()14require_once()
Can anyone help!? I've been trying for an hour or so now and am not getting anywhere!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2024 00:10 #8292 by Alistair Kent
Forget that! I jsut refreshed one last time and it seems to work now!! I thinkit might have been me disableing teh old players maybe?

More
13 Jan 2024 00:25 #8293 by Thomas Hunziker
Hard to say.
It may also be that Joomla had something cached.

More
06 Jul 2024 02:30 #8346 by Pamela Besteder
Hi, I'm having a similar issue after upgrading to 4.

I get this error:
Failed opening required '/home/customer/www/perryhrbc.org/public_html/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php81/pear')

I've cleared all the cache files, etc.  Cannot get this to work.

Any ideas?

Pam

More
06 Jul 2024 09:10 #8347 by Thomas Hunziker
This sounds like Joomla didn't copy all the files during the update. First thing to try is to just download the component from here and install it over the existing installation. That usually fixes any missing files.

More
06 Jul 2024 16:10 #8348 by Pamela Besteder
Okay, I'll try that. Thank you

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds