Sermon links no longer working - possible JCalPro conflict??

More
29 Sep 2023 16:55 #8169 by K A R Wright
I've no idea when or how this issue started as annoyingly nobody advised me that the links weren't working & I only discovered by chance recently myself then forgot to ask here. You've worked with my site a couple of times now Thomas but this one has me a bit flummoxed & my aging brain refuses to work enough for me to figure out where the problem lies.  Just seems odd that there are references to JCalPro in the error list?

I'm now in J4.3 and SS 6.0* ,

Basically the backends fine & links show on the Home Page as always but clicking them throws up this kind of error block - this is just the top portion of it.

Site is again at:  Bloomfield Methodist Church   and sermon list is in the Footer.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2023 19:51 #8170 by Thomas Hunziker
It comes indeed from the JcalPro calendar module (mod_jcalpro_calendar).
It works fine if you only load the component part ( www.bloomfieldmethodist.org.uk/index.php...rmons?tmpl=component ).
The following user(s) said Thank You: K A R Wright

More
29 Sep 2023 21:25 #8171 by K A R Wright
You are just AMAZING Thomas - might have to come back to you on it next wk when I'm back working on the site, but thank you so much for such a speedy solution to the issue (as always!!!).

More
02 Oct 2023 15:53 #8172 by K A R Wright
Sorry Thomas - thought I'd figured out what you meant to be able to fix the issue, but I'm still a bit confused :( How do I only load the component when I'm using menus that point to the modules? And I can access your link fine but can't link to it on the site directly - or at least it won't work if put as a menu link.

See what I mean - brain dead!! :( :D

More
02 Oct 2023 21:22 #8173 by Thomas Hunziker
If you add ?tmpl=component to a Joomla address, then it will load only the component part (without any modules). That way it's easy to check if a module is acting bad. Which is the case for you. But that site will then miss also the menu module, so it's not something you want to do.
To solve your issue, you can disable the module on the SermonSpeaker menuitem. Or you can ask the developer of the module to see if he can fix it.

More
03 Oct 2023 16:55 #8174 by K A R Wright
Thanks Thomas - appreciated as always. Might be more work than it's worth just now. I'll have to see whether we need to provide the sermons links anyway as most are using YT & watching the services rather than just listening. Good to know that snippet of address code too.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds