Compile Error: require_once(): Failed opening required (PEAR)

More
21 Aug 2023 16:55 #8150 by Radovan
Hi, Thomas, thank you for your component.

I have just upgraded to Joomla 4 and to SermonSpeaker 6 on localhost (XAMPP). If I click on any menu item in Joomla administration under Sermon Speaker component (for example /administrator/index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=sermons), I get error "HTTP 500" - /administrator/index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=sermons 

Compile Error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\lc.radiologos2023.sk\administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='C:\xampp\php\PEAR')

There is FatalError
in C:\xampp\htdocs\lc.radiologos2023.sk\administrator\components\com_sermonspeaker\sermonspeaker.php (line 27)

What to do? Is there problem with slashes ( / \ )  in 'C:\xampp\htdocs\lc.radiologos2023.sk\administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/vendor/autoload.php' ?

Thank you.

Radovan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2023 19:52 #8151 by Thomas Hunziker
PHP should be able to deal with the different slashes (windows vs linux). It's more likely that not all files where properly copied during upgrade.
First thing to try would be to reinstall SermonSpeaker 6 over the existing installation. That will just copy all files again. If some were missing, that should fix it.

More
22 Aug 2023 05:15 - 22 Aug 2023 05:17 #8152 by Radovan
Hi Thomas,

my installed version (on Joomla 4.3.3) after upgrade, from Joomla 3, is SermonSpeaker-6.0.8.

But possible download package is SermonSpeaker-6.0.7.zip (from www.sermonspeaker.net/download/category/11-package.html )
and same is from www.sermonspeaker.net/download/category/1-component.html

I dont want to install older version over newer one. Where to download latest 6.0.8 to reinstall it?

Thank you.
Radovan
Last edit: 22 Aug 2023 05:17 by Radovan.

More
22 Aug 2023 14:36 #8153 by Thomas Hunziker
Oops. You can get it from github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/releases...om_sermonspeaker.zip
This page here also just reference to the GitHub page.

More
22 Aug 2023 16:19 #8154 by Radovan
Thank you for the component. After installation SermonSpaker in administration works. I have crated menu item for Sermon List (index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=sermons) to test the SermonSpaker on the frontend. There is this error:

Compile Error: Declaration of PlgSermonspeakerJwplayer7::onGetPlayer($context, &$player, $items, $config) must be compatible with SermonspeakerPluginPlayer::onGetPlayer($context, $player, $items, $config)

FatalError in C:\xampp\htdocs\lc.radiologos2023.sk\plugins\sermonspeaker\jwplayer7\jwplayer7.php (line 74)

Can you please update www.sermonspeaker.net/download.html with latest files for Joomla 4? Or should I get ZIP from tab "Code" in github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/tree/main and install it in Joomla?

Thank you

More
23 Aug 2023 20:34 #8155 by Thomas Hunziker
Unfortunately, JW Player is no longer supported (since they don't offer free license anymore).
So you will have to use the MediaElement one: www.sermonspeaker.net/download/category/5-player-plugins.html

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds