Compile error

More
20 Jul 2023 21:20 #8125 by Fred Pitts
Compile error was created by Fred Pitts
Hi, Thomas, I have just now upgraded to Joomla 4 and tried to follow instructions but am having several problems even getting started. (This is not on my live site but one I am using to get things going.)
I don't see anything on my frontend, and when I click on anything in the backend, like sermon or speaker, etc. (except category, which I didn't use previously, which works), but I turned on debug and got this (I had just been the "Sorry, there is a problem we can't recover from" page):
EXCEPTION TAB:
// Register Helperclass for autoloading
JLoader::register('SermonspeakerHelper', JPATH_COMPONENT_ADMINISTRATOR . '/helpers/sermonspeaker.php');

// Load Composer Autoloader require_once(JPATH_COMPONENT_ADMINISTRATOR . '/vendor/autoload.php');

HTMLHelper::_('stylesheet', 'com_sermonspeaker/sermonspeaker-admin.css', array('relative' => true));
$controller = BaseController::getInstance('Sermonspeaker');
$controller->execute(Factory::getApplication()->input->get('task'));

On the STACK TRACE tab:
FATAL ERRORSymfony\Component\ErrorHandler\Error\FatalError:
Compile Error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/ancient/ancientcitychurch.org/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php74/usr/share/pear')

at home/ancient/ancientcitychurch.org/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/sermonspeaker.php:27

I am a pastor who can figure some things out but not sure what is going on here. Should I uninstall everything and reinstall. If so, what first, etc.?

Thanks for any help.

Fred

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2023 21:24 #8127 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Compile error
After you have upgraded your Joomla, the next step would be to check for extension updates. There you should see the update for SermonSpeaker 6.x.
If it doesn't show up, you can download the latest version from here and install that. It will automatically update your old SermonSpeaker version.

More
20 Jul 2023 22:39 #8129 by Fred Pitts
Replied by Fred Pitts on topic Compile error
As you can see in the screenshot, I seem to have all the files. There is one with a 5.7  that I have disabled, but I am still getting this fatal exception. I don't understand what I sent above, but it seems that the line
  1. Code:
    require_once(JPATH_COMPONENT_ADMINISTRATOR . '/vendor/autoload.php');

is highlighted. Should I delete everything and reload? Would I lose all my old sermons? (There are in a separate folder.)

Thanks again,
Fred

More
20 Jul 2023 22:50 #8130 by Thomas Hunziker
You're right, you seem to have the 6.x version.
The package doesn't really matter. It's basically a collection file which contains all the other ones. If you want to update that, you could try installing github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/archive/refs/tags/6.0.8.zip
But in the end, it would only replace that single XML file and update the version entry :-)

The error says that it doesn't find the autoload.php file at the expected place.
I would first try reinstalling SermonSpeaker 6.0.8 over the existing installation. Joomla would then just copy all files again which should fix the issue.

More
21 Jul 2023 15:11 #8131 by Fred Pitts
Replied by Fred Pitts on topic Compile error
Thanks so much. That did it.

More
21 Jul 2023 17:32 #8132 by Thomas Hunziker
Great to hear!

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds