Save failed with the following error: Field 'custom1' doesn't have a default val

More
20 Jun 2023 16:26 #8116 by K A R Wright
Hi Thomas
I know this isn't specifically a Sermon Speaker issue but having read through Google searches I'm still unsure how to best fix it without risking messing up my database.  Any chance you might be able to provide me more explicit instructions perhaps of what query I need to run in the database to solve it; 

Sermon Speaker just happens to be the only component throwing up the error just now.  If you need admin access just let me know - Thanks :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2023 17:35 #8117 by Thomas Hunziker
It looks like during the upgrade, the custom1 and custom2 fields where not deleted as expected. It should have been deleted with SermonSpeaker 6.0.4.

If you have a database tool like phpmyadmin, you can navigate to the SermonSpeaker sermons table (#__sermon_sermons, where #__ is your custom database prefix). In the structure view of that table, you will see two fields "custom1" and "custom2". You can delete those two fields as they are no longer used (Joomla has own custom fields for quite some time).
The following user(s) said Thank You: K A R Wright

More
20 Jun 2023 18:50 #8118 by K A R Wright
Thanks Thomas - I'd looked for those fields earlier today but couldn't spot them. Will try again tomorrow when I'm next on the site.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds