Can't use images?

More
22 Mar 2023 17:00 #8050 by K A R Wright
Hi Thomas
Not sure if it's just because of the Player changes which I appreciate do sort of negate the need, so I'm just curious about the problem,.  I can't add in any images - I can select them but they just never show up in the sermon editor.  Plus when I asked about the problem on a Joomla forum, the 'expert' said he'd never seen this kind of image selector before so I'm just curious if it's one you've used that's now no longer of use if you're using the default player?  Thanks :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2023 19:03 #8051 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Can't use images?
SermonSpeaker uses the regular Joomla media formfield. So it should behave exactly the same as in "Content" -> "Media".
For some reason, when I tested it on my test server, I was able to upload some (small) jpg, and some others didn't work. So to me it looks like a bug in Joomla.

However your screenshot does look different from my server. Could it be that you have a 3rd party "filesystem" plugin? With Joomla 4, you can extend and customise the Media Manager with those plugins.

More
22 Mar 2023 19:16 #8052 by K A R Wright
Replied by K A R Wright on topic Can't use images?
Thanks Thomas. I've changed nothing in Joomla as I wouldn't have a clue how to. :) This is also a clean J4 install as I couldn't get my current J3 site to upgrade without tons of errors even with next to nothing left on it, so this seemed the best way to do things. I installed SS last of the extensions in use too. But I'll have a look through the system tomorrow and see if there's anything that stands out as possibly related to the problem. I should maybe say too that all the other extensions do use the standard Joomla media uploader - it's only SS that has the "glitch". At least you've given me an idea of what to look for.

The only other vague possibility is SP Page Builder - I'll have to check if I had the same issue with it a while back as I've a vague memory I might have had,

More
22 Mar 2023 20:03 #8053 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Can't use images?
According to their site, SP Page Builder indeed does something with the Media Manager. So this could play a role.

The only thing SermonSpeaker does with the default mediamanager field is that it's extended to preselect the correct folder according to the SermonSpeaker settings. Other than that, it's the regular field.

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds