Player Problems SOLVED

More
23 Nov 2022 15:19 #7966 by Solid Rock
Player Problems was created by Solid Rock
I've migrated the domain www.churchatriver.de to Joomla 4 and also updated SermonSpeaker to version 6 (also installed the last batch-version I found in the forum "com_sermonspeaker_2022-11-20") but the Problem with the Player remains: I can only use the MediaElement.js-Player (see sceenshot nr.1) and not the JW7-Player like before (I also tried to create a new account and registred a new license key). With this player ...

1) There is NO Play-button (no matter how often I refresh and delete cash and everything)

2) People where used and want the "10-seconds-backward"-Button which I cannot add to this player (only a speed-button which is useless ... see screenshot nr.2)

3) If I activate the JW7-Player Plugin instead of the MediaElement.js-Player I get this error-screen (see screenshot nr.3)

The Problem would be solved if I could use the JW-Player!  ... is there a way to do that?
If not ... how can I get the Play-Button and the 10-second-back-button to the MediaElement-Player?

Thank you very much!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2022 17:21 #7967 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Player Problems
The JW Player is only available for Joomla 3.x. It will not work with Joomla 4.x. That is because JW Player no longer offers the possibility to download the player without paying for their service.

I see that mediaelement.js offers a plugin to add those "10 seconds backward" buttons. I'll have a look if I can add that, shouldn't be to hard I think.

More
23 Nov 2022 20:31 #7968 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you try the attached version of the MediaElement.js Plugin to see if that works for you?
It should have buttons to skip forward and back by 30 seconds. 

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_sermon...1-23.zip
File Size:1,113 KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solid Rock

More
24 Nov 2022 01:14 #7969 by Solid Rock
Replied by Solid Rock on topic Player Problems
Thank you very much, that really solved the problem! The only thing was the 30sec. forward button was with a polish hover text.

I changed the text in "media/js/jump-forward/jump-forward-i18n.js" line 10 to:
mejs.i18n.de = ;

Side question: Can I also change the time to 15 seconds?

More
24 Nov 2022 14:17 #7972 by Thomas Hunziker
True, the german tooltip has a bug. I've fixed that in my plugin and proposed the change upstream in the Mediaelement repo: github.com/mediaelement/mediaelement-plugins/pull/234

As for the adjusted time. It should be possible according to the doc, but I haven't figured out yet how to do it :-)

More
24 Nov 2022 17:17 #7973 by Thomas Hunziker
Found it. It was actually simple to do :-)
You now find some more options in the Plugin Settings

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_sermon...1-24.zip
File Size:1,113 KB

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds