Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Single Series menu item has stopped working on one of our sites

More
24 Oct 2022 23:14 #7939 by Tim Baker
Hello. 

I currently have a sermon page set up for a client.  www.richlandhillsbc.com/sermons

Each image on this page links to a Single Series menu item on a hidden menu. This was working fine last week but is no longer working. 

I tried using other SermonSpeaker menu item choices and all of them are working correctly. It is just the Single Series option. 

I know that we need to upgrade and we are going to but we have a lot of clients to get through. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Please let me know if you need additional information.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2022 18:31 #7940 by Thomas Hunziker
Since it shows an error, it would be interesting what the detailled error message looks like in the server error log.

And did you maybe update your PHP version lately? If so, then what version are you currently using and which version of SermonSpeaker?

More
26 Oct 2022 15:40 #7941 by Tim Baker
We are running sermon speaker version 5.9.9.

Yes, our PHP was recently updated to PHP Version 8.0.0.

I am getting this message: 0 - Cannot access offset of type string on string

Click the link provided below and you will be taken to their sermons page. Click on any Sermon Series image and you will see the issue.

www.richlandhillsbc.com/sermons

More
26 Oct 2022 20:26 #7942 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you enable debug mode in your Joomla to see the full error message? It should also tell you in which file and on which line the error occured. The server error log may also have this information.
I ask that because the SermonSpeaker website is running on PHP 8.1 and SermonSpeaker 5.9.9 and it doesn't look like this error happens here. So I need a bit more details as a starting point :-)

More
26 Oct 2022 21:17 #7943 by Tim Baker
I have turned on the sites debugging. I have attached the error log. 

More
26 Oct 2022 21:22 #7944 by Thomas Hunziker
I don't see an attachment. But you can send it directly at admin@sermonspeaker.net, then it should work for sure.

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds