Logo of SermonSpeaker Extension Claim

Login Form

× Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Podcast feed doesn't list sermons

More
2 weeks 20 hours ago #7816 by Brent C
I've got a SermonSpeaker installation that is hosting a podcast for a corporate client. We recently updated the site and moved all of the SermonSpeaker data from the old site to the new one. For some reason on the new site the podcast feed (www.brooksideoptometric.com/index.php?op...view=feed&format=raw) is publishing without any sermons - the header info is there, but no sermons are listed. The files work on the website, but nothing is going out on the feed.

All of the sermons are enabled for SermonCast. I'm pretty sure this worked during development but has stopped at some point since. I've tried disabling our compression options that I turned on when we launched to see if something was creating a conflict, but it didn't fix it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 13 hours ago #7817 by Thomas Hunziker
Where do the sermons work on your website?
I have tried www.brooksideoptometric.com/index.php?op...speaker&view=sermons and that doesn't work as well.

So my guess would be that the category is set to restricted access. Eg it works when you're logged in, but not for guest visitors.
Or a category may also be unpublished.
You may also check that sermons, series and speakers all have a valid, published and public category assigned.

That would be my first ideas.

Feel free to rate SermonSpeaker on JED .
Useful documentation for beginners: First Steps & FAQ
How to say "Thank You!": Contribute or support using the Donate button at the bottom of each page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #7818 by Brent C
Thanks, Thomas. The category, series, speaker, and sermons were all published, but opening and resaving the speaker fixed the problem. Apparently I screwed something up there when I copied the tables in the database.

The public accesses the podcast through EasyBlog on the site. We have years worth of written and video content in there, so rather than introducing a new content stream into the site we're using SermonSpeaker for backend management and embedding a player into our EasyBlog articles.

Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #7819 by Thomas Hunziker
Great to hear that you figured it out!

Feel free to rate SermonSpeaker on JED .
Useful documentation for beginners: First Steps & FAQ
How to say "Thank You!": Contribute or support using the Donate button at the bottom of each page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum