Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Player for new sermon speaker version 6

More
29 Jul 2021 09:34 #7812 by jojo har
hello,

i'm currently trying to install sermon speaker 6 beta 3 under joomla 4 rc5 for testing. it worked very well. now i'm working on various settings. so far i've always used the jw player as my player. but i can't get it to connect under sermon speaker 6. what could be the reason for this? or which player do you recommend? but i'd hate to use flash.

thank you. jojo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2021 10:12 #7813 by Thomas Hunziker
I would use the MediaElement.js player. It's free to use and HTML5 by default (Flash only as fallback).
I think I haven't updated the JW one yet, but can look into it this evening. Shouldn't be to much which needs to be changed.

More
29 Jul 2021 11:53 #7814 by jojo har
Thank you for the quick reply.

I have now installed the AllVideo Player and activated it under plugins. But sermon speaker doesn't seem to find it. Do I still have to make the two explicitly known? But I haven't found a corresponding selection in the options. I think this is more my problem. I'm kind of at a loss.

thanks. jojo

More
29 Jul 2021 14:40 #7815 by Thomas Hunziker
I have some player plugins here which I wrote for SermonSpeaker:
www.sermonspeaker.net/download/category/5-player-plugins.html
The MediaElement.js one I referrefed before is there.

I don't know the AllVideo one, but I guess it needs at least a HTML5 tag present. So you need at least the "Generic" SermonSpeaker Player which allows you to specify a tag which would then trigger the AllVideo one.

More
22 Nov 2021 04:50 #7828 by Dane Courtney
I'm finding the same problem. MediaElements.js causes a crash and others, such as jw8, are not being recognised.

More
22 Nov 2021 20:16 #7829 by Thomas Hunziker
Looks like I forgot to add things to the download page. I've now added the mediaelement one. I have to check if I already converted one of the others, but the mediaelement is the preferred one anyway.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds