Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Single Sermon Title Link

More
29 Mar 2021 21:17 - 31 Mar 2021 20:08 #7777 by marsu
Hello Thomas, I almost think I asked this question years ago. However, I can no longer find anything in the forum.
Why is the sermon title of the "Single Sermon" view a link?
This makes no sense to me at all. The link leads to the same page I am already on and is just confusing. In addition there are aesthetic reasons. I underline links, for example, which looks stupid in a headline.

I'm sorry if we have already discussed this and I am annoying you
Last edit: 31 Mar 2021 20:08 by marsu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2021 22:04 #7779 by Thomas Hunziker
It's just following the default settings of the Joomla core in com_content. I always was thinking it is related to SEO/Google. Kind of a "canonical" link.
For articles (com_content), this is a setting in the options. For SermonSpeaker I've decided to not add that parameter as it is actually quite simple to adjust in the layout itself.
If you're eg using the "content" layout, it would be those two lines where the title is shown:
github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/blob/d50.../content.php#L36-L37
Just remove the link (<a> tag) around "<?php echo $this->escape($this->item->title); ?>".
More about how layouts work can be found here: www.sermonspeaker.net/documentation/layouting/21-layouts.html

You could of course also just hide the link design (underline, other color) with CSS only for the sermon view.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marsu

More
31 Mar 2021 20:08 #7780 by marsu
Replied by marsu on topic Single Sermon Title Link
Hi Thomas thanks for the explanation.
Insofar I can understand your setting, although I still can not understand the proceeding of Joomla there. Then I will solve this manually, as suggested by you.
Thought this would be a general "error" that would help many Sermonspeaker users.

More
31 Mar 2021 21:11 #7781 by Thomas Hunziker
I've asked in the german community chat and nobody knew why it is like this in core. Probably it always was like this :-)

As I don't line to change the behavior within a major version, I'm not going to change it for SermonSpeaker 5.x. But I'll remove the link for SermonSpeaker 6 (which will be for Joomla 4 once that is released).

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds