Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

New Sermon page won't load

More
08 Jan 2021 15:22 - 08 Jan 2021 15:25 #7767 by Brent C
I finally launched the site I was working on (thanks for your help on my previous post). Something is going wrong when we try to create a new Sermon. The page loads partially after a long delay but there's no header info. I was able to create Sermons at the beginning of my development process, but I'm not sure where along the way this error popped up.

I can successfully create new Categories, Series, and Speakers, and can edit existing sermons, so it seems like it's just creating new Sermons that has trouble. I'm happy to post a URL and login details if there's a way to do that securely. I've already tried reinstalling Sermon Speaker, and the error log doesn't have any clues.

Here's the admin page that finally loads:

And here's the source code:
Last edit: 08 Jan 2021 15:25 by Brent C. Reason: Fixed images

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2021 15:55 #7768 by Thomas Hunziker
That sounds like something is timing out on the server side (by default after 30 seconds, PHP scripts are terminated). You should see a "Fatal Error" in the server error logfiles.
You can also try enabling the error reporting in Joomla (in the Joomla Configuration).

It may be related to the sermon storage location, as that is not loaded in your screenshot and something which is different to series and speakers.
If you happen to use Amazon S3, wrong settings there could maybe create such issues.

More
08 Jan 2021 18:15 #7769 by Brent C
Replied by Brent C on topic New Sermon page won't load
The error log doesn't have anything new, but I'm embarrassed that I didn't think to turn on error reporting. Setting it to Development gave me the following error:
Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5242880 bytes) in /home/xxuserxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/models/fields/customfilelist.php on line 295

That part of the file referred to listing bucket contents on S3, which we do use. So I've been chasing things on AWS for the last couple of hours. The problem seems to be related to bucket permissions. I've deleted and re-created users and policies with no luck, but I'm still trying to figure it out. I'll keep on this, but I may be back later with additional questions. Thanks for the help.

More
08 Jan 2021 21:23 #7770 by Thomas Hunziker
Yep, that is certainly the right track to follow.
It's a bit strange that it complains about memory size. I can't imagine that you have such a big list that memory fills up.

Also make sure you're having the latest version of SermonSpeaker (5.9.7) installed. Just to be sure :-)

More
11 Jan 2021 21:31 #7771 by Brent C
Replied by Brent C on topic New Sermon page won't load
I got it fixed, but I still don't know why. My original bucket won't work at all. I created a new bucket last week with the appropriate policies for access, and - while the page loaded without the errors seen above - it still wouldn't upload files.

I left it alone over the weekend and when I came back to it today the new bucket works. The old one still doesn't and I can't figure out why, but I'm ok with starting 2021 in a new bucket. Thanks for the help in troubleshooting this.

More
11 Jan 2021 23:57 #7772 by Thomas Hunziker
Do the buckets belong to different regions? There were issues with some regions in the past.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds