Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Strange behavior

More
19 Aug 2020 20:14 #7724 by Ian Shere
Strange behavior was created by Ian Shere
I have SS set up at www.covenantsuncitywest.org/sermons . I am adding sermons for the church (internal office teaching required!!).

The problem I have is, even though the sermons are added correctly, they will not play. If I click the play button (next to the sermon name on the list page - the page you get to by clicking the link above), it plays the previously last uploaded (video) sermon (Facing Trials). However, if I click through to the details page ( www.covenantsuncitywest.org/sermons/serm...no-fear-of-the-grave ), the sermon plays fine.

I have the Player set to "Use Plugin" as no other option works at all. Priority is set to Audio though changing it to Video makes no difference. I have the latest version of SS installed and Joomla is 3.9.20.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2020 20:43 #7725 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Strange behavior
I think it is because you usually have videos and the newest one is an audio file.
Now the player on the list page is loaded as video player and thus can't play the audio files. If you switch it to audio, it will play fine.

More
19 Aug 2020 20:57 #7726 by Ian Shere
Replied by Ian Shere on topic Strange behavior
Actually, they use a mix of audio and video. Yes, the last one displaying is a video file but it isn't the latest sermon uploaded.

I didn't have the audio/video buttons activated (though they still displayed).So, yes, it now plays correctly.. However, this is very confusing for the end user. I thought I had SS figured out,but even I didn't understand it. Is there no way to make SS figure out what it's playing and load the correct player?

FYI, if I change the little left-hand button behavior to "Load popup player", it works fine, so it's just that main player that's an issue.

More
19 Aug 2020 21:16 #7727 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Strange behavior
Yep, it's just the main player which has this issue. Since you have a mix of audio and videofiles.

For a single sermon the player plugin looks at what files are supported and when both are it goes for the priority setting. If only one type is supported it choses that one.

For the listing player, the mediaelement plugin goes straight for the priority and only takes those files (so if "video" is selected, it only takes the videofiles).
The JW Player 6 plugin was behaving a bit different as it would take the other file as fallback in case the priority one wasn't available. But I think I dropped that for the medialelement one because it didn't work.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds