Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Refining Podcast feeds

More
01 Jun 2020 16:09 #7646 by Ken Lee
Dear Thomas,

SermonCast put all sermons in a single feed regardless of their series. I want Podcast feeds of for particular series. How may I do that?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2020 21:38 #7647 by Thomas Hunziker
For each individual feed you want to create, you need to create a menu item (may be hidden). In that menu item you can specify a category filter so your feed only contains sermons from that category.

In the SermonCast module, you can then set the created menu item, so the link points to the correct feed.

A feed for a particular series isn't possible yet (only by category), but I could certainly add such a filter if you need that. It shouldn't be hard to do.

More
04 Jun 2020 06:53 #7648 by Ken Lee
Replied by Ken Lee on topic Refining Podcast feeds
Dear Thomas,

That will be great. I am looking forward to it.

Big thank you.

Ken

More
04 Jun 2020 15:23 #7649 by Thomas Hunziker
You should see a SermonSpeaker update which includes the possibility to filter the feed by series and/or speaker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken Lee

More
17 Jun 2020 04:44 #7667 by Ken Lee
Replied by Ken Lee on topic Refining Podcast feeds
Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your indication but I could not figure out how to put your code to action. In the end I made up my solution by inserting this code fragment at models/feed.php. Then I specify the series I want in the URL. FYI.

// Category filter

if (($type == "sermons" ) && ($seriesId = $jinput->get('seriesid', $params->get('series_id', 0), 'int')))
{
$query->where($type . '.series_id = ' . (int) $seriesId);
}

// Define null and now dates

More
17 Jun 2020 16:06 #7669 by Thomas Hunziker
If you have the latest SermonSpeaker component, check the menuitem for the feed. There is a tab "Filter Options" and there you have now a parameter which lets you select a series:

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds