Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Create Sermons Automatically takes longer with lots of existing sermons

More
31 May 2019 09:16 #7456 by Ken Lee
Dear Thomas,

I have around 53,000 sermons now. When a copy a file to audio folder and invoke "Create Sermons Automatically". It seems to trying to match each single files to database to see if it is already a sermon, if it a new sermon is created. It becomes quite slow in here, taking about 10 seconds.
Since I have the file full path of the file, would you provide a parameterized version so that I can call say "Create a sermon for this file /myaudio/path/newfile.mp3" so to skip the scanning process.

Thank you.

Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2019 13:09 #7457 by Thomas Hunziker
Just change the path to the sermons to another folder. It will have no effect on already stored sermons. It just specifies where SermonSpeaker will look for sermon existing files and upload new ones.
Otherwise use the sermon form to create the new sermon adn select you file from the dropdown list. There is a button which lets you fill out the form based on the ID3 tags of the file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken Lee

More
05 Jun 2019 14:45 #7460 by Ken Lee
Would you let me clarify a bit.
My script routinely putting new mp3 into subfolders of audio path, then call by curl http://myserver/index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&task=script.createAutomatic
It had run for serveral years without problems, until last week I found some times the call did not create new sermons for the new audios.
Today I found out the reason is the it took more than 30 seconds to complete, which is the threshold of max_execution_time in php.ini.
In a scripting environment how can I change the audio path before calling createAutomatic?
For the time being I increased the threshold to allow the script to complete, which is not a long-term solution.
I thought about making separate shell script to mimic the sermon creation process with a definite audio file path as its parameter, but I still cannot make it work.
Please kindly advise.

More
05 Jun 2019 19:39 #7461 by Thomas Hunziker
What I meant was that you can change the audiopath setting in the SermonSpeaker options. This will have no effect on existing sermons. It will just change the lookup and upload path for new sermons.
So after changing that setting, you can upload your files to the new folder and SermonSpeaker will not have to lookup a gazillion files. This will speed it up a lot.

If you want to write your own script which creates a sermon based on a single file, you could make use of the "SermonspeakerModelFrontendupload" class and its "save" method.
But you need a bit of knowledge in how Joomla works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken Lee

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds