Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Component elements are in ALL CAPS - what does this mean?

More
03 Jan 2019 15:32 - 03 Jan 2019 15:35 #7372 by K A R Wright
Hi Thomas - back again :)
I presume it means a loss of integrity of some measure in the respective elements but when I checked through the database I found numerous other entries also in ALL CAPS so am rather curious about the reason behind it as not all are related to the Protostar template which I uninstalled? While many of the other entries seem to work ok, SermonSpeaker isn't fully, in that changes made within the layout sections in particular seem to have no effect on the output. Now that may be because of other changes made over time that are preventing change rather than anything to do with the template issue?

In particular I'm trying to change the layout from a list to one of the others to see what it looks like and to update the site a shade - so was hoping to try the Tiles layout, but no matter what I do nothing changes on that score yet I can make other changes, so as I know you've helped me with many various things over the last decade I'm presuming I've set it as a list somewhere that the component isn't able to change?

Any input appreciated :)
Thanks, Romayne

I'm doing this on a test site at the minute but haven't updated the database as such other than for platform/component updates hence the older sermons - Bloomfield Methodist Sermons
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Jan 2019 15:35 by K A R Wright.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2019 16:48 #7373 by Thomas Hunziker
Usually, stuff in CAPS are language strings. Especially if they start with COM_SERMONSPEAKER or JGLOBAL or so. They are supposed to be translated with a fallback to english.
If you see those strings, it means something is wrong with the language pack. Try to uninstall any SermonSpeaker related language packs you see (if you have any), they may be outdated. SermonSpeaker comes with all available languages included by default anyway.

If you only see them in the database, then that's expected. Especially for the menuitems which may contain translated.strings.

As for the layout setting: You can specify those in the component options, but that setting may also be set in a menuitem, which then overrides the component setting.
For the tiles layout, also make sure to use the latest version (see www.sermonspeaker.net/download/layout-tiles.html )

More
05 Jan 2019 19:05 #7376 by K A R Wright
Ahh Thomas as ever- speedy & precise solution. I'll check it out sometime next week & see if I can get further into the layouts issue. I don't know why the language pack should have been changed or corrupted but will also check that out & see if I can sort it out better.

Muchos Gracias :)

More
06 Jan 2019 12:31 #7378 by Thomas Hunziker
It's just a possible SermonSpeaker Language Pack. Not the general one from Joomla.
Usually, you don't need those SermonSpeaker Language Packs as the language files are already included in SermonSpeaker. But if it's long since the last release and there was big progress in the translation, then it makes sense to install the pack.
But you need to remember to update it (or uninstall it after the next SermonSpeaker release).

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds