Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Create Sermons Automatically not working

More
28 Sep 2017 03:13 #6840 by Mike
When using the create sermons automatically function in the tools area, it works fine. I am trying to test the URL it recommends but it gives me an error.

Joomla Version: 3.7.5
SermonSpeaker Version: 5.6.2

(Username and password removed)
URL: www.acckitchener.org/index.php?option=co...ame=***&password=***

Error: 0 - Invalid controller: name='tools', format='' (picture attached)

Any ideas on what could be causing this error?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2017 12:31 #6841 by Thomas Hunziker
Task should be script.createAutomatic. Not tools.createAutomatic. That would also explain the error message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike

More
28 Sep 2017 14:27 #6842 by Mike
Yep that was it. The tooltip on the hover was accurate but I had right-clicked and copied the address as the template and then removed the administrator part. Minor but important detail, thank you.

More
28 Sep 2017 14:40 #6843 by Mike
So I just noticed that the sermons created using this are not automatically published, is there somewhere I can change that? I want to fully automate the posting of audio to our website and this is one of the last pieces that I need to figure out.

More
28 Sep 2017 15:54 #6844 by Thomas Hunziker
That depends on the user you sue for the request. If it only has "create" permissions but not "edit state", it will create the sermons unpublished. If it has permission the edit the state, then it will create them published.
At least that's how it should work in theory. If not, I have a bug to solve :-)

More
30 Sep 2017 15:20 #6845 by Mike
Sorry for the delay, I just got around to testing this now.

I think you might have a bug or perhaps I'm doing something wrong. I have created a 'sermonspeaker module' group under the registered users group and then in the sermonspeaker permissions I assigned all the permissions except configure ACL and options (see attached pic). I then created a sermonspeaker user and placed it into this group. I can run the URL as the user and it creates the sermons but they are unpublished. I can run this script as my own superuser account and it publishes them just fine. So I tried moving the sermonspeaker user group under the default editor group but that doesn't change the behavior. I then tried moving the user group under the super users group and that works fine. However, I shouldn't have to do that I would think?

Is this maybe resolved in the latest version? I'm working on upgrading to joomla 3.8 shortly and then can upgrade to the latest version of sermonspeaker as well.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds